Global 3D Scanning Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global 3D Scanning Market Size was valued at USD 3.91 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 13.11% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide 3D Scanning Market is expected to reach USD 11.85 Billion by 2032
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global 3D Scanning Market Size is expected to reach USD 11.85 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 13.11% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Using a light line or laser, a 3D scanner is a non-contact, non-destructive digital tool that precisely records the contours of a real object into Computer-Aided Design (CAD) data. Any physical object can be measured in full or in part using 3D scanners. When contrasted with standard "point-by-point" measurement gadgets, a large number of these gadgets produce extremely dense points or measurements. In tandem with 3D printing technologies, 3D scanning dramatically improves product design and manufacturing productivity. Manufacturers, designers, as well as researchers utilize 3D scanners to create computer models more rapidly and cost-effectively, whether by reinterpreting an existing design or referencing the exact contours of the body of an individual.
In numerous industries, the use of 3D scanning has grown into an essential tool. Measuring systems are built with the utmost precision in the modern product development and manufacturing process chain and have shown to be an essential aspect of quality assurance. The use of 3D scanning is a technique for creating more accurate 3D illustrations of real-world items. There are numerous applications for 3D scanning in archaeological and preserving heritage. 3D scanners are used in a wide range of industries, from manufacturing to healthcare. It is advantageous for heavy machines, mechanical component quality control, customized prosthetic devices, visual effects in films, and character creation in video games. This technology is utilized to make substantial breakthroughs in the personalized creation of things to meet the consumer's demand.
Global 3D Scanning Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 3.91 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||13.11%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 11.85 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2020-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||130|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By Industry Verticals, By Region, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Carl Zeiss AG, Nikon Corporation, THOR3D, Topcon Corporation, Autodesk, Inc., David Vision Systems GmbH, Fuel3D Technologies Limited, NeoMetrix Technologies, Inc., Trimble Inc., Direct Dimensions Inc., Maptek Pty Ltd, Artec 3D, Konica Minolta Inc., Creaform, Inc., CyberOptics Corporation, Basis Software, Inc., ShapeGrabber, FARO Technologies, Inc., GOM GmbH, 3D Systems Inc., Hexagon AB|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
Rising research and development expenditure on 3D metrology, with a greater emphasis on automated quality control when manufacturing products, and demand for enhanced productivity through the use of electronics are just a few of the key factors driving the 3D scanning market during the study period. In addition, 3D scanners are employed in the development and production of orthosis/prostheses, the creation and fabrication of aesthetic prostheses, and for tracking of wound recovery. Portable 3D scanners can determine limb shape, allowing for an accurate 3D-printed replica. As a result, 3D scanning offers a significantly superior fit and is critical for designing prostheses.
Furthermore, the major players in the 3D scanner market will most likely capitalize on the growing popularity of cloud-based computing services and increasing demand for Industry 4.0. Additionaly, augmented and mixed reality advancements have resulted in various novel applications in the era of Industry 4.0 that are becoming less artificial and fully engaged as they grow increasingly popular, facilitating more feasible manufacturing and machinery modeling. Also, 3D scanners measure complex objects quickly and in real-time, significantly boosting design worker efficiency, which further increases demand for the 3D scanning market throughout the forecast period.
3D scanning is one of the most adaptable metrology solutions, and it is becoming increasingly used in the industrial business. The development in 3D printing of components and parts is driving consumer demand for highly intricate forms whilst reducing weight, lowering prices, integrating more robust materials, and manufacturing more rapidly. Furthermore, 3D scanner technology has significantly improved, making the devices less expensive and more readily available, which are expected to increase demand for the 3D scanning market over the forecast timeframe.
Even though 3D scanners provide quick and accurate 3D scanning, an abundance of inexpensive alternatives may limit the market's growth. Furthermore, the inability to transition from traditional methods of measurement to cutting-edge technologies impedes the growth of the 3D scanning market.
By Product Insights
The structured light scanners segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of product, the global 3D scanning market is segmented into laser scanners, structured light scanners, optical scanners, and others. Among these, the structured light scanners segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. A structured light scanner makes use of a steady lighting source exhibiting constant electron circulation capability, such as LED lights. Because of their great precision and speed, these devices are highly costly and used in very complicated structured scanning, where accuracy in point mapping is crucial, such as in aero-engineering and traditional automotive component development.
By Application Insights
The quality control and inspection segment accounted the largest revenue share of more than 38.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the global 3D scanning market is segmented into reverse engineering, quality control and inspection, virtual simulation, and other applications. Among these, quality control and inspection segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 38.2% over the forecast period. 3D scanners are employed in quality control and inspection systems for CAD-based inspections, dimensional evaluation, equipment measurements, and other purposes. 3D scanners are additionally utilized for inspecting for errors, which may result in machine malfunctions and degrade the machine's efficiency. Product inspections and dimensional evaluations of machinery parts are made possible by 3D scanning, which eliminates high-priced scraps and redesigns. 3D scanners have been employed for quality control and inspection in a variety of industries, including the building and construction industries, electronics, power and energy, and industrial machinery.
By Industry Verticals Insights
The automotive segment accounted the largest revenue share of more than 35.78% over the forecast period.
On the basis of industry vertical type, the global 3D scanning market is segmented into manufacturing, automotive, medical, aerospace & defense, electronics, retail, architecture & construction, energy & power, mining, artifact & heritage preservation, and others. Among these, the automotive segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 35.78% over the forecast period. This expansion can be attributed to the widespread adoption of 3D scanning applications in several applications in the automotive industry, such as the initial phases of designing, manufacturing, and implementing individual parts and final products in motor vehicles. Furthermore, as an essential procedure in the automotive industry, it is used for quality control and inspection. Prototyping, simulation, aftermarket design, and reverse engineering are among popular 3D scanning uses in the automotive industry.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with more than 33.8% market share over the forecast period. The regional 3D scanning market is expected to increase as a result of increasing R&D expenditures, high acceptance of the technology in automotive manufacturing, and ecological scanning and mapping operations. Furthermore, the US holds one of the leading and most significant 3D scanning markets in the world, with healthcare, aerospace and defense, architecture and engineering, 3D Digital Corporation, research and education, entertainment, and media is the largest and among the most technologically sophisticated. The increasing attention companies attribute to 3D printing and 3D machine vision is another driver boosting the market in North America.
Asia Pacific, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The rising population, thriving economies, and persistent governmental efforts to stimulate industrial growth have made the Asia Pacific region an ideal location for manufacturing in a variety of industries, including semiconductors, electronics, and automobiles. Topcon Corporation, Nikon Corporation, and Maptek Pty Ltd are some of the prominent participants in this region's 3D scanners industry. China is a vital industrial center in the world, and it owned the greatest share of the Asia Pacific 3D scanning market in 2022. OEMs in China are continuously striving to improve the production capabilities of their automobile manufacturing plants through quality checks, which are expected to fuel the demand for 3D scanners in the country.
List of Key Market Players
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Nikon Corporation
- Topcon Corporation
- Autodesk, Inc.
- David Vision Systems GmbH
- Fuel3D Technologies Limited
- NeoMetrix Technologies, Inc.
- Trimble Inc.
- Direct Dimensions Inc.
- Maptek Pty Ltd
- Artec 3D
- Konica Minolta Inc.
- Creaform, Inc.
- CyberOptics Corporation
- Basis Software, Inc.
- FARO Technologies, Inc.
- GOM GmbH
- 3D Systems Inc.
- Hexagon AB
Key Market Developments
- On April 2023, FARO Technologies, Inc. announced the availability of Hybrid Reality CaptureTM, powered by Flash TechnologyTM, a first-of-its-kind technology that enables faster scanning for large-volume projects in design, engineering, construction, and public safety applications. It combines the speed of a panoramic camera with the accuracy of a static 3D laser scanner. Customers can complete projects faster and at a lower cost by improving scanning speed by 100%.
- On March 2023, 3D Systems announced a partnership with TE Connectivity, a global leader in connectors and sensors, to jointly create an additive manufacturing solution for producing electrical connectors that fulfill demanding UL regulatory criteria. The solution, which included 3D Systems' Figure 4® Modular, Figure 4 material, 3D Sprint®software, and services, was created to fulfill TE Connectivity's specific material performance and high tolerance, dependable printing requirements.
- On October 2022, Artec 3D announced the release of the Artec Metrology Kit, a 3D optical coordinate measuring system for high-precision inspection that enables deformation analysis and improved accuracy when measuring objects and regions of all sizes. The Artec Metrology Kit can be used as an independent optical measurement solution or as a referencing tool for even greater long-distance 3D scanning performance. The entire equipment is portable, produces high-precision measurements in under 15 minutes, and can capture things in motion - making it ideal for both on-site and off-site operations.
- On September 2022, 3D Systems announced the formation of a new, wholly owned company called Systemic Bio™, a biotech company focused on the application of advanced bioprinting technologies to pharmaceutical drug discovery and development. Systemic Bio will leverage 3D Systems’ breakthrough, production-level bioprinting technology to create extremely precise vascularized organ models using biomaterials and human cells. Systemic Bio’s efforts will be supported by an initial $15 million seed investment from 3D Systems.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global 3D Scanning Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
3D Scanning Market, Product Analysis
- Laser Scanners
- Structured Light Scanners
- Optical Scanners
3D Scanning Market, Application Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Quality Control and Inspection
- Virtual Simulation
- Other Applications
3D Scanning Market, Industry Verticals Analysis
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture & Construction
- Energy & Power
- Artifact & Heritage Preservation
3D Scanning Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the 3D Scanning market?The Global 3D Scanning Market is expected to grow from USD 3.91 billion in 2022 to USD 11.85 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 13.11% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Nikon Corporation, THOR3D, Fuel3D Technologies Limited, Artec 3D, Konica Minolta Inc., Creaform, Inc., CyberOptics Corporation, Basis Software, Inc., ShapeGrabber, FARO Technologies, Inc., GOM GmbH, 3D Systems Inc., Hexagon AB
3. Which segment dominated the 3D Scanning market share?The automotive segment in industry verticals type dominated the 3D Scanning market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 35.78%.
4. What are the variables driving the growth of the 3D scanning market?Key variables driving market expansion includes improved automotive and aero-designing, consistent technological advancements and increasing 3D scanning demands in a variety of useful industries.
5. Which region is dominating the 3D Scanning market?North America is dominating the 3D Scanning market with more than 33.8% market share.
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the 3D Scanning market?The quality control and inspection segment based on application type holds the maximum market share of the 3D Scanning market.
Need help to buy this report?