Global 3D Optical Profiler Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Technology (Confocal Technology and White Light Interference), By Industry Verticals (Automotive, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Electronics, and Other), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global 3D Optical Profiler Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global 3D Optical Profiler Market was valued at USD 83 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2021 to 2030
- The global 3D Optical Profiler Market is expected to reach USD 140 billion by 2030
- Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global 3D Optical Profiler Market is expected to reach USD 140 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The 3D Optical Profiler Market is growing rapidly. The rise in the market may be because of the rising usage of 3D optical surface profilers in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Additionally, the inability of traditional measuring devices to handle difficulties linked to production is also a factor in this expansion.
An optical profiler, also known as an interference microscope, is a modern microscope used for measuring errors and height variations, such as surface roughness. It is a surface metrology technique that can be performed either with or without contact, and it is quick and non-destructive. It is able to measure micro and nano-surfaces in a matter of seconds thanks to the high-resolution camera that it utilizes. Additionally, it can capture up to two million data points. Applications of a 3D optical profiler include the manufacturing of automobiles and other precision machines, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, optics and photonics, micro-manufacturing, and nanotechnology. The growth in the market is due to the increased use of 3D optical surface profilers in the automotive and aerospace industries. In addition, traditional measurement devices cannot address issues related to manufacturing, which is another factor contributing to the market's growth. Automation manufacturing in industry verticals has contributed to trends such as the internet of things (IoT) and Industry 4.0. End-users are continually investing in inline metrology solutions and profiling them to reduce inspection delays during production. The global market for 3D optical profilers is largely driven by the widespread application of these products in various end-use industries, including the automotive, scientific, and electronics sectors. In addition, it is anticipated that the growing demand for sophisticated 3D optical profilers will provide lucrative opportunities for competitors operating in worldwide markets in the upcoming years.
Global 3D Optical Profiler Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 83 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||6%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 140 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||240|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||106|
|Segments covered:||By Technology, By Industry Verticals, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||AEP Technology, Alicona Imaging GmbH, Bruker Corporation, Filmetrics Inc., Keyence Corporation, KLA-Tencor Corporation, Mahr GmbH, Nanovea, Sensofar Group, Zygo Corporation|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for the global 3D optical profiler market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global 3D optical profiler market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global 3D optical profiler market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the White Light Interference segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 49.8 billion.
Based on the technology, the 3D Optical Profiler Market is categorized into Confocal Technology and White Light Interference. In 2021, the white light interference segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 49.8 billion. It is anticipated that the white light interference segment will hold the largest market share in the 3D optical profiler market. Through the use of white light interferometry, a three-dimensional point cloud of the entire field of view can be created. Using software algorithms that are based on these data, it is possible to calculate surface and form parameters as well as volumes. The most common use of white light interference is to determine the depth of high aspect ratio trenches etched using a deep reactive ion etch (DRIE) tools.
- In 2021, the Automotive segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29% and a market revenue of 24.07 billion.
Based on industry verticals, the 3D Optical Profiler Market is categorized into Automotive, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Electronics, and Other. In 2021, automotive dominated the market with the largest market share of 29% and market revenue of 24.07 billion. It is anticipated that the automotive industry would hold the biggest market share during the forecast period. In the automobile sector, the profiles are used for a variety of purposes, including the inspection of tiny and complicated mechanical parts, the determination of engine cleanliness, and the calculation of steel alloy inclusion rates. In automotive facilities all around the world, 3D optical profilometry is being used to analyze things like the grind pattern on engine valves, the texture within engine cylinders, and the essential parameters of fuel injectors.
Regional Segment Analysis of the 3D Optical Profiler Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global 3D Optical Profiler Market, with a market share of around 39% and 83 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global 3D Optical Profiler Market, with a market share of around 39% and 83 billion of the market revenue. The electronic and semiconductor, micromechanical, automotive, aerospace, and life science industries are the most prominent in North America, where it is also the largest consumer market. During the early stages of the process, a number of different 3D optical profiler systems were adopted in the United States. These systems are used for a variety of applications, including quality control and inspection, as well as virtual simulation, in a number of different industries, such as the automotive, aerospace, and life science sectors.
- The Europe market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030, Europe is well-known as a leader in the worldwide market for 3D optical profilers thanks to the persistent expansion and technical advancements that have occurred in the automobile industry. This is because, throughout the production process, the 3D optical profiler can analyze even the most intricate, minute engine and vehicle parts.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global 3D optical profiler market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- AEP Technology
- Alicona Imaging GmbH
- Bruker Corporation
- Filmetrics Inc.
- Keyence Corporation
- KLA-Tencor Corporation
- Mahr GmbH
- Sensofar Group
- Zygo Corporation
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In June 2021- Bruker Alicona launched a brand new demonstration center in Shanghai. It is the highly accurate, quick, and universal surface measuring system known as InfiniteFocus and the optical coordinate measuring system known as CMM.
- In June 2021, Image Dimension Measurement System (IM 8000 series), a new product from Keyence Corporation. It can automatically measure up to 300 different features in a matter of seconds.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global 3D optical profiler market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global 3D Optical Profiler Market, By Technology
- Confocal Technology
- White Light Interference
Global 3D Optical Profiler Market, By Industry Verticals
- Life Sciences
Global 3D Optical Profiler Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the 3D Optical Profiler market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the 3D Optical Profiler market was valued at USD 83 billion in 2021 to USD 140 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the 3D Optical Profiler market?The 3D Optical Profiler market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the 3D Optical Profiler market?North America emerged as the largest market for 3D Optical Profiler.
Who are the key players in the 3D Optical Profiler market?Key players in the 3D Optical Profiler market are AEP Technology, Alicona Imaging GmbH, Bruker Corporation, Filmetrics Inc., Keyence Corporation, KLA-Tencor Corporation, Mahr GmbH, Nanovea, Sensofar Group, Zygo Corporation.
Which factor drives the growth of the 3D Optical Profiler market?Increasing Demand in Various Industries drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?