Global White Biotechnology Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global white biotechnology market was valued at USD 257.7 Billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 12% from 2021 to 2030
- The global white biotechnology market is expected to reach USD 714.6 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global white biotechnology market is expected to reach USD 714.6 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The white biotechnology market has grown due to increasing demand for making biofuels like bioethanol and biodiesel. Furthermore, Increased use of technology in many different fields because it has many benefits, such as less impact on the natural world, access to new sources of raw materials, and better ways to make things.
White biotechnology refers to the use of live creatures, organic materials, or chemical components such as enzymes in the manufacturing process of various products. Manufacturing processes, the development of biomaterials, and alternative energy sources are examples of applications of white biotechnology that are actively being explored or employed in practice. In addition to its benefits for business, white biotechnology is also being investigated for its potential to make the industrial sector less harmful to the environment. This would be accomplished by making available sources of energy that produce less pollution, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, and developing manufacturing processes that produce fewer polluting by-products. It is anticipated that increasing consumer demand for environmentally friendly chemicals, particularly in North America and Europe, where consumers are prepared to pay a higher price or a green premium for a variety of renewable products will encourage manufacturers to utilize the white biotechnology process rather than the conventional method of producing chemicals. Demand for technology is expected to be stimulated during the forecast period as a result of a growing necessity from a range of consumer industries, such as the automotive and consumer goods industries, to fulfill sustainability criteria. In comparison to a wide variety of chemical processes that are mostly dependent on the utilization of fossil fuels, the white biotechnology method offers more favorable cost curves, which enables it to be priced competitively. Furthermore, in comparison to other procedures, the process of white biotechnology consumes less energy, has a lower overall number of manufacturing stages, and generates a smaller overall amount of waste by-products. On the other hand, as of right now, a large number of businesses have begun using these items in order to conform with a variety of environmental requirements, which is projected to drive demand for these goods throughout the forecast period due to the fact that these businesses are expected to continue using these items.
This research report categorizes the market for global white biotechnology based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global white biotechnology market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global white biotechnology market sub-segments.
Global White Biotechnology Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 257.7 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||12%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 714.6 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||196|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||110|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Amyris, BioAmber, Borregaard, Codexis, Deinove, Evolva, Fermentalg, Gevo, Global Bioenergies, Metabolic Explorer, Novozymes, and Solazyme.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the biofuels segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 33.1% and market revenue of 85.2 billion.
Based on the type, the global white biotechnology market is categorized into Biofuels, Biomaterials, Biochemicals, and Industrial Enzymes. In 2021, the biofuels segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 33.1% and market revenue of 85.2 billion. Biofuels like bioethanol and biodiesel are two examples. During the forecast period, it is expected that more pure biodiesel will be used in the auto industry, especially in the United States and Europe, to cut down on particles, hydrocarbons, and carbon monoxide. This will increase demand.
- In 2021, the pharmaceuticals segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 103 billion.
Based on the application, the white biotechnology market is categorized into Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Feed, and Other Applications. In 2021, the pharmaceuticals segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and market revenue of 103 billion. During the forecast period, technology is expected to be used more to make biopharmaceuticals, like antibodies used to treat cancer, that can't be made through chemical synthesis. This is expected to increase demand. Enzymes are also used in this process, which makes it possible to make chiral compounds and other intermediates that are hard to make and contain active pharmacological components (API). Over the next few years, the growth of the pharmaceutical industry is expected to drive the market.
Regional Segment Analysis of the White Biotechnology Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Asia- Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global white biotechnology market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 257.7 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global white biotechnology market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 257.7 billion of the market revenue. In China, where the biotechnology sector has grown quickly over the past ten years, medical technologies and biologics have become the main drivers of the industry. In 2021, for instance, BASF Venture Capital (BVC) put money into Bota Biosciences Ltd. (Bota Bio). Bota Bio is a company that makes synthetic biotechnology for the industry. Its main office is in Hangzhou, China. Bota Bio makes next-generation biotechnology platforms that make it possible to make high-value products like sweeteners, vitamins, personal care products, and crop protection products in a sustainable and cost-effective way.
- The North America market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, North America's position on the global market has been strengthened by the fact that the government spends a lot of money on research and development and that more and more people want products and chemicals that are better for the environment. The growing use of biomass as an efficient alternative to oil is expected to help the environment, boost economic growth, and reduce the need for more oil imports. These things are expected to drive the demand for biotechnology over the forecast period.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global white biotechnology market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Global Bioenergies
- Metabolic Explorer
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In the year 2021, BASF Venture Capital (BVC) gave money to Bota Biosciences Ltd (Bota Bio), an industrial synthetic biotech company in Hangzhou, China. Bota Bio focuses on making next-generation biotechnology platforms that make it possible to make high-value products like sweeteners, vitamins, personal care products, and crop protection products in a sustainable and cost-effective way.
- In April 2021, Paraxel International Corporation told the public that they would be working together with Veeva in a strategic way. Increasing the number of clinical trials will require a team effort that includes new ways of doing things and better technology.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global white biotechnology market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global White Biotechnology Market, By Type
- Industrial Enzymes
Global White Biotechnology Market, By Application
- Food and Beverage
- Other Applications
Global White Biotechnology Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?