Global Underwater Communication System Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Component (Hardware, Software, and Services), By Connectivity (Hardwired and Wireless), By Application (Climate Monitoring, Environmental Monitoring, Hydrography, Oceanography, Pollution Monitoring, and Others), By End-User (Marine, Military & Defense, Oil & Gas, Scientific Research & Development and Others), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Information & Technology
Global Underwater Communication System Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global underwater communication system market was valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2021 to 2030
- The global underwater communication system market is expected to reach USD 10.40 billion by 2030
- Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global underwater communication system market is expected to reach USD 10.40 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. A UCS is beneficial for scientific research. Researchers have been drawn or persuaded to use wireless communication technology for underwater applications by the rapid advancement of communication technology in recent years.
For applications like real-time monitoring, surveillance, communication tools for UAVs, and weather forecasting, an underwater wireless communication network offers unique support and services. Monitoring water pollution, gathering data from the ocean floor, finding new things, and transmitting data between ships have become increasingly important and call for proper communication as the offshore oil and gas business has grown. Heavy cables have been employed over the past 20 years to create a high-speed communication path between the surface and the remote source. This has a lot of drawbacks, including price and longevity. The need for underwater wireless communication is proven essential for solving these issues. There are two categories of underwater communication: hardwired and wireless. In a hardwired connection, data is transmitted by cable. Hardwired communications, similar to a landline phone, offer the best and most reliable underwater communications because they minimize environmental effects. Wireless communication employs the use of water to transmit data. There are two categories of underwater communication: hardwired and wireless. In a hardwired connection, data is transmitted by cable. Hardwired communications, similar to a landline phone, offer the best and most reliable underwater communications because they minimize environmental effects. Wireless communication employs the use of water to transmit data. The proliferation of undersea communication networks has been largely attributed to various nations' defense spending. Global defense spending has increased due to threats, worries over disputed areas, and security issues. The military employs it to track intruders and conduct underwater surveillance.
This research report categorizes the market for global underwater communication systems based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the underwater communication system market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each underwater communication system market sub-segments.
Global Underwater Communication System Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.1 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||10.9%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 10.40 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||224|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||172|
|Segments covered:||By Component, By Connectivity By End-User, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Kongsberg, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Thales, Saab AB, Teledyne Marine, Ultra Electronics Holdings plc, Sonardyne, DSPComm, Undersea Systems International, Inc., Sea and Land Technologies Pte Ltd., EvoLogics GmbH, Hydromea|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the hardware segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 35% and market revenue of 1.43 billion.
Based on the component, the underwater communication system market is categorized into Hardware, software, and Services. In 2021, hardware dominated the market with the largest market share of 35% and market revenue of 1.43 billion. LCDs, capacitors, resistors, cables & connectors, transistors, PCBs, diodes, adapter/transformers, LEDs, and push buttons are examples of hardware components used in underwater communication. Reconstruction and amplification filters are used in the hardware implementations, which reduce hardware cost and complexity while boosting flexibility. System engineering, maintenance, and technical support are just a few of the nautical solutions and services offered by UCS. A company called SEASCAPE sells, makes, and provides maintenance for underwater tools and equipment. Specialized surface and subsea products are designed, developed, and produced by SEASCAPE for international distribution.
- In 2021, the wireless segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 2.25 billion.
Based on connectivity, the underwater communication system market is categorized into Hardwired and Wireless. In 2021, wireless dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 2.25 billion. Data is transported through water in wireless transmission. Underwater wireless communications are essential for scientific data collection, underwater exploration, and environmental monitoring. Underwater wireless communications still pose certain challenges because of the distinct and challenging conditions that define these channels. Significant attenuation, multipath dispersion, and constrained resource consumption are a few examples of these circumstances. Recently, the focus of many academic and industrial researchers has been on creating cutting-edge approaches for future underwater wireless networks and communications.
- In 2021, the environmental monitoring segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 22% and market revenue of 0.90 billion.
Based on application, the underwater communication system market is categorized into climate monitoring, environmental monitoring, hydrography, oceanography, pollution monitoring, and others. In 2021, environmental monitoring dominated the market with the largest market share of 22% and market revenue of 0.90 billion. These techniques can also be used to monitor and control environmental contamination. There is also evidence of climate change. By using these tools to identify early warning signs, natural disasters can also be forecasted. This reduces the possibility that such catastrophes may occur. UCS is used for data collection and underwater exploration, which helps the study of oceanography. The underwater discoveries might be helpful for the advancement of current innovations as well as the health industry. In agreement with the application requirements of ocean observation, offshore demonstration and verification tests are conducted for various types of experimental sea regions, such as the offshore and deep sea.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Surgical Equipment Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest global underwater communication system market, with a market share of around 33.5% and 4.1 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global underwater communication system market, with a market share of around 33.5% and 4.1 billion of the market revenue. In the U.S. and Canada, there is a surge in the use of Wireless telco cloud installations, which enables the integration of best-in-class data analytics and artificial intelligence accessible in the public cloud sector to anticipate and meet the demands and preferences of consumers. The businesses also use the cloud to get rid of silo databases, combine customer data, offer an engaging Omni channel customer experience, and develop a 360-degree view of the customer.
- The Europe market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The recently released statement on global ocean governance sets the direction for EU ocean policy over the coming years. Several EU agreements are among the necessary steps to support the aquaculture sector's competitiveness, sustainability, and innovation. One of Europe's major food industry areas is aquaculture, which greatly enhances food security. However, there are several technological and regulatory obstacles to the expansion of the aquaculture sector that the EU is attempting to overcome by promoting innovation and digitization. The innovative idea behind the EU-funded SEASTAR project has the potential to change the aquaculture sector completely. The lack of total digitization in the industry, which forces aquaculture operators to carry out daily tasks and monitoring activities manually or with pricey in-situ interventions, is addressed by SEASTAR.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global underwater communication system market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Saab AB
- Teledyne Marine
- Ultra Electronics Holdings plc
- Undersea Systems International, Inc.
- Sea and Land Technologies Pte Ltd.
- EvoLogics GmbH
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- In August 2022 - Researchers at Stanford University created a robot that can dive deep into wrecks and sunken aircraft. Its operators are capable of having an underwater experience similar to OceanOneK. The underwater scene is captured in beautiful color by OceanOneK's 3D camera, and its arms and hands can extend to a diver's hands.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global underwater communication system market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Underwater Communication System Market, By Component
Global Underwater Communication System Market, By Connectivity
Global Underwater Communication System Market, By Application
- Climate Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Pollution Monitoring
Global Underwater Communication System Market, By End-User
- Military & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Scientific Research & Development
Global Underwater Communication System Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?