Global Surface Disinfectant Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Composition (Chemical and Bio-based), By Application (In-House, Instruments and Others), By Form (Liquid, Wipes and Sprays), By End-use (Hospitals, Laboratories, Households, Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA), Educational Institutes, Malls, Railways, Airports, Food Processing Industries and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Specialty & Fine Chemicals
Global Surface Disinfectant Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Surface Disinfectant Market was valued at USD 4.27 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Surface Disinfectant Market is expected to reach USD 6.07 Billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Surface Disinfectant Market is expected to reach USD 6.07 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Global Surface Disinfectant Market demand is expected to increase due to the expansion is attributed to a number of factors, including changes in lifestyle in developing countries, an increase in livestock farmers' awareness of animal diseases, and a rise in the demand for disinfectants for use in livestock farms.
Chemical substances known as surface disinfectants are used to inactivate or destroy microorganisms such as germs, bacteria, viruses, etc. that are present on surfaces. In order to clean and disinfect bathrooms, floors, tiles, furniture, etc., they are frequently used. Surface disinfectants are widely used in healthcare facilities like hospitals and clinics since they are required to follow strict cleanliness and sanitation regulations to prevent any type of hospital-acquired diseases. Surface disinfectants are in high demand in the healthcare sector, with hospitals and clinics becoming the main end-users. Due to the increase in hospitals and other healthcare institutions, there is a rising need for surface disinfectants. Surface disinfectants are predicted to increase significantly due to the rising medical tourism industry. The rise in demand for disinfectants for use in livestock farms is one reason for the expansion, along with changes in lifestyle in emerging nations' economies and livestock farmers' awareness of animal diseases. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, which caused numerous industrial centres and factories to close globally, there has been a major decrease in demand for raw materials and active chemicals. There has been a mismatch between supply and demand due to several factories operating at lower capacity or possibly closing down. However, an increase in the need for cleaning supplies, sanitisers, and disinfectants is anticipated to benefit market expansion. Rising healthcare spending and attention in developing countries. Key Players in the sterilization and disinfection sectors have a lot of opportunities in emerging economies like India, Brazil, and South Africa. Multinational infection control firms can perform profitably offshore their company operations to these countries due to the region's developing economies in APAC. In healthcare institutions, disinfectants were already in high demand, but in the case of a pandemic, office and residential buildings became possible to end consumers. As a result, the COVID-19 situation has greatly increased the potential for the development of surface disinfectants.
This research report categorizes the Market for global Surface Disinfectants based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Surface Disinfectant Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Composition launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Surface Disinfectant Market sub-segments.
Global Surface Disinfectant Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.27 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||4.0%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 6.07 Billion|
|No. of Pages:||201|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||170|
|Segments covered:||By Composition, By Application, By Form, By End-use, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||PDI, Inc., GOJO Industries, Inc., W.M. Barr, Spartan Chemical Company, Inc., W.W. Grainger, Inc., Carenowmedical, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, PaxChem Ltd., BODE Chemie GmbH, Star Brands Ltd., The 3M Company, Ecolab, Procter & Gamble, The Clorox Company, Whiteley Corp., Lonza, SC Johnson Professional, BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KCWW), and Medline Industries, Inc.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Chemical segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 51.1% and Market revenue of 2.18 Billion.
Based on the Composition, the global Surface Disinfectant Market is categorized into Chemical and Biobased. In 2021, the Chemical segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 51.1% and Market revenue of 2.18 Billion. The Chemical segment is anticipated to be the leading category during the anticipated years. This is due to the increased use of hydrogen peroxide for surface disinfection in hospitals and in sectors like food packaging. Additionally, it is projected that increased use of alcohols and quaternary ammonium compounds will positively affect market growth.
- In 2021, the In-house segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 33.3% and a Market revenue of 1.42 Billion.
Based on the Application, the Surface Disinfectant Market is categorized into In-House, Instruments and Others. In 2021, the In-house segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 33.3% and a Market revenue of 1.42 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the In-house segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR. The significant increase in product demand for routine cleaning tasks and disinfecting the interiors of homes, especially due to the ongoing pandemic situation, is responsible for the In-house segment's high market share. Industrial, commercial, and domestic surfaces can all be applied inside.
- In 2021, the Liquid segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 35.7% and a Market revenue of 1.52 Billion.
Based on the Form, the Surface Disinfectant Market is categorized into Liquids, Wipes and Sprays. In 2021, the Liquid segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 35.7% and a Market revenue of 1.52 Billion. The widespread demand for the Liquid segment is primarily responsible for the market growth. This significant share is a result of the enormous selection of liquid applications in the industrial and domestic sectors for kitchen fixtures, glazed ceramic tile, windows, plastics, exterior applications surfaces, vinyl, and glass. These surface cleaners are available in low-viscosity liquid and/or gel forms. Chemicals that are poisonous, antimicrobial, or biocidal that can be used on contaminated surfaces are liquid disinfectants. Surface cleaners made of biomaterials are often applied as liquids. One of the most often used liquid disinfectants in the cattle business is sodium hypochlorite. Such liquid disinfectants are used to reduce the risk of contracting various diseases and treat infections in cattle because they are an aqueous solution unaffected by water hardness.
- In 2021, the Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA) segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 15.7% and a Market revenue of 0.67 Billion.
Based on the End-use, the Surface Disinfectant Market is categorized into Hospitals, Laboratories, Households, hotels/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA), Educational Institutes, Malls, Railways, Airports, Food Processing Industries and Others. In 2021, the Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA) segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 15.7% and a Market revenue of 0.67 Billion. The widespread demand of the Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA) segment is primarily responsible for the market growth. The Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA) segment will maintain its leading market position while expanding at the quickest CAGR during the projection period. Due to the increasing requirement to maintain hygiene in these areas, sanitising and disinfecting the common areas, swimming pools, bedrooms, lobbies, etc., is the primary cause of the Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA) segment's large market share. Hospitals are among the crucial end users as they are the most susceptible to illnesses brought on by bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Surface Disinfectant Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Surface Disinfectant Market, with a Market share of around 43.3% and 1.84 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Surface Disinfectant Market, with a Market share of around 43.3% and 1.84 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The rising acceptance by the market is driving the demand for Surface Disinfectants. This is because many regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Health Canada, have approved using these disinfection products in their respective nations. The market expansion in North America over the past several years has been driven by the constantly changing legislation, healthcare spending, awareness of health & hygiene, and increased R&D activity among surface disinfectant formulators, raw material manufacturers, and end-users.
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing encouragement and benefits for foreign businesses to enter the region. Over the forecast period, China is anticipated to dominate the market as a stakeholder. Japan's higher hygiene requirements are projected to contribute to significant industry growth. India's market growth is anticipated to be driven by an expanding population with higher health and hygiene awareness levels.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Surface Disinfectant Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Composition offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Composition development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- PDI, Inc.
- GOJO Industries, Inc.
- W.M. Barr
- Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- PaxChem Ltd.
- BODE Chemie GmbH
- Star Brands Ltd.
- The 3M Company
- Procter & Gamble
- The Clorox Company
- Whiteley Corp.
- SC Johnson Professional
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KCWW)
- Medline Industries, Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In February 2020, The US-based consumer goods behemoth Proctor and Gamble (P&G) recently introduced a new item to its antibacterial cleaning line named "Microban 24." This strong cleaning chemical can eliminate 99.9% of germs and keep a surface clean for up to 24 hours.
- In January 2019, A worldwide consumer goods corporation with headquarters in the UK, Reckitt Benckiser, partnered with a cleaning and hygiene company with headquarters in the US, Diversey. This cooperation aims to broaden Reckitt Benckiser's client base, increase sales in the North American region, and target hospitals, schools, restaurants, and other establishments.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Surface Disinfectant Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Surface Disinfectant Market, By Composition
Global Surface Disinfectant Market, By Application
- In House
Global Surface Disinfectant Market, By Form
Global Surface Disinfectant Market, By End-use
- Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA)
- Educational Institutes
- Food Processing Industries
Global Surface Disinfectant Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?