Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Autologous and Allogeneic), By Cell Source (Adipose Tissue-Derived, MSC, Bone Marrow, and Placenta/Umbilical Cord), By Therapeutic Application (Musculoskeletal, Wounds, Surgeries, Cardiovascular, and Neurological), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global stem cell therapy market was valued at USD 250 Million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 17% from 2021 to 2030
- The global stem cell therapy market is expected to reach USD 1,027 Million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global stem cell therapy market is expected to reach USD 1,027 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 17% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The stem cell therapy market has grown due to the growing number of clinical trials in stem cell therapy. In addition, the increased funding for stem cell therapies with the rise in the number of growing facilities for stem cell therapy.
Stem cell therapy is a type of regenerative medicine used to repair damaged cells in the body, by lowering inflammation and controlling the immune system. This fact makes stem cell therapy an effective remedy for a number of illnesses. Stem cell therapies have also been utilised to treat autoimmune, inflammatory, neurological, orthopaedic, and traumatic disorders. The market is anticipated to be driven primarily by the expanding development of precision medicine, growth in the number of cell therapy production facilities, and expansion in the number of clinical studies. Additionally, rising research efforts into the synthesis, storage, and characterisation of stem cells as well as rising demand for stem cell therapy are anticipated to support the market's revenue expansion. The market benefited from the COVID-19 pandemic. Clinical trials have expanded as a result of medical researchers' heightened interest in the products' use in the treatment of the new coronavirus. Patients may have access to cellular therapy-based regenerative medicine as a kind of treatment, which would lower infection and mortality rates. Companies and research institutions are working together to create cutting-edge disease treatments. For instance, the US FDA authorised a clinical trial application to develop a cell-based therapy for COVID-19, according to news released by the Infectious Disease Research Institute and Celularity in April 2020. Thus, it is anticipated that the demand for stem cells would increase over the forecast period as more applications for clinical trials are submitted. Additionally, scientists are working harder to create stem cell therapies that specifically target COVID-19. For instance, in January 2020, University of Miami researchers gave two infusions of stem cells to COVID-19 patients who had lung injuries. According to the findings, there were no noticeable side effects and the therapy was effective. Market expansion is anticipated to be driven by rising demand for regenerative treatments. Numerous disorders, including those related to neurology, oncology, haematology, diabetes, traumas, and orthopaedics, can be treated with regenerative therapies. A few other factors influencing market expansion include the growing geriatric population and the rising need for regenerative therapies for illness early diagnosis and prevention.
This research report categorizes the market for global stem cell therapy based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global stem cell therapy market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global stem cell therapy market sub-segments.
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 250 Million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||17%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1,027 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||202|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||135|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Cell Source, By Therapeutic Application, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Advanced Cell Technology Inc., STEMCELL Technologies Inc., Cellular Engineering Technologies Inc., CellGenix GmbH, PromoCell GmbH, Kite Pharma, Lonza, Cellartis AB, Angel Biotechnology, Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics, Celgene Corporation, Osiris Therapeutics, Genea Biocells, Bioheart Inc., Waisman Biomanufacturing, Tigenix, Caladrius Biosciences, Gamida Cell.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the allogeneic segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 137.5 million.
Based on the type, the global stem cell therapy market is categorized into Autologous and Allogeneic. In 2021, the allogeneic segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 137.5 million. Allogeneic stem cell therapy is used excessively due to its fewer complications at the time of manufacturing the stem cell. In addition, due to this the clinical trials also increased.
- In 2021, the adipose tissue-derived segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 100 million.
Based on cell source, the stem cell therapy market is categorized into Adipose Tissue-Derived, MSC, Bone Marrow, and Placenta/Umbilical Cord. In 2021, the adipose tissue-derived segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 100 million. There are several advantages which are why this segment is dominating. Some of them are better capacity for proliferation, simple isolation processes, and minimally invasive methods.
- In 2021, the musculoskeletal segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 42% and market revenue of 105 million.
Based on therapeutic application, the stem cell therapy market is categorized into Musculoskeletal, Wounds, Surgeries, Cardiovascular, and Neurological. In 2021, the musculoskeletal segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 42% and a market revenue of 105 million. This segment is dominant due to the high prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis. Furthermore, the demand for regenerative medicines also increases with the rise in this segment.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Stem Cell Therapy Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest market for the global stem cell therapy market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 250 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global stem cell therapy market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 250 million of the market revenue. North America is expected to be the largest market. Due to the rise in R&D, the strong biotechnology industry, and the presence of key players this region is dominating. In addition, increase in government initiatives.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, this is because of changes in the infrastructure of health care, the expansion of large companies, and the rise of musculoskeletal disorders.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global stem cell therapy market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Advanced Cell Technology Inc.
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Cellular Engineering Technologies Inc.
- CellGenix GmbH
- PromoCell GmbH
- Kite Pharma
- Cellartis AB
- Angel Biotechnology
- Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics
- Celgene Corporation
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Genea Biocells
- Bioheart Inc.
- Waisman Biomanufacturing
- Caladrius Biosciences
- Gamida Cell
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In January 2022, The Food and Drug Administration granted Immunocore approval for KIMMTRAK (tebentafusp-tebn) to treat unresectable or metastatic uveal melanoma.
- In March 2021, For the treatment of a rare paediatric bone condition, Novadip Biosciences' regenerating bone medicine NVD-003 got FDA approval as an investigational new drug (IND).
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global stem cell therapy market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Type
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Cell Source
- Adipose Tissue-Derived
- Bone Marrow
- Placenta/Umbilical Cord
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Therapeutic Application
Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?