Global Silanes Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Silanes Market was valued at USD 1.50 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Silanes Market is expected to reach USD 2.85 Billion by 2030
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Silanes Market is expected to reach USD 2.85 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The market for Silanes has increased as a result of rising product demand from the electronics sector, particularly in developed North America and Europe.
Silanes are well-known silicone-based chemical that has four inorganic or organic substituent groups attached to the silicon atom. The chemical has several applications, including rubber compounding where it may be used as a coupling agent to help bond non-black pigments to the polymer backbone. Rubber's compression and friction coefficient are improved by this. Silane also functions as an adhesion promoter and a water scavenger. To improve the temperature, chemical resistance, and moisture content, silane can be used as an adhesive enhancer. The silicone derivatives known as silanes combine aspects of organic and inorganic materials. Due to its advantageous qualities including cold resistance, heat resistance, water barrier properties, deforming capabilities, adhesiveness, dependability, and electrical characteristics, these products are in higher demand in end-use applications. The volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that silanes emit during crosslinking are frequently hazardous and detrimental for both humans and the environment. Examples include the fact that the amines and acids generated from aminosilanes and acetoxysilanes are extremely irritating to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes as well as being corrosive to metal, stone, and masonry. The production of alcohols, particularly methanol, from commercially available alkoxysilanes may result in headache, nausea, dizziness, and impaired vision. Another class of frequently used oximosilanes, particularly vinyltris (methylethylketoximino) silane, can emit oximes that can seriously irritate the eyes. Novel coronavirus breakdown in 2020 has had an influence on the need for silanes. Due to the low demand from a number of end-use sectors, such as the construction, automotive, electrical and electronics, among others, the worldwide market was only little impacted. Due to supply chain network interruptions, international manufacturing, transit, and travel limitations brought on by governmental restrictions and widespread lockdowns, as well as other connected activities, the demand was restricted. Due to problems with compliance with raising the proportion of renewable energy in all electricity generated, silanes are being used more frequently. Due to the development in wind energy installations, there is a growing need for these items in parts such blade and tower sections, generator and auxiliary systems, and transformer oil.
This research report categorizes the Market for global Silanes based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Silanes Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Silanes Market sub-segments.
Global Silanes Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1.50 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||7.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 2.85 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||209|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||112|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||KCC Corporation, OCI Company Ltd, Dow Inc., Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Wacker Chemie AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., China Bluestar International Chemical Co. Ltd, Dalian Onichem Co. Ltd., Tokuyama Corporation, Power Chemical Corporation, Nanjing Shuguang Silane Chemical Co. Ltd., BRB International B.V., Nanjing Union Silicon Chemical Co. Ltd., Nanjing Wanda Chemicals Co. Ltd., Miliken Chemical, Supreme Silicones, Air Liquide Advanced Materials Inc., Qufu Chenguang Chemical Co. Ltd., Nitrochemie AG, Gelest Inc., and WD Silicone Co. Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Organofunctional silanes segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 55.6% and a Market revenue of 0.83 Billion.
Based on the type, the Silanes Market is categorized Halosilanes/hydride functional silanes and Organofunctional silanes. In 2021, the Organofunctional silanes segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 55.6% and a Market revenue of 0.83 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Organofunctional silanes segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position because Organofunctional silanes are frequently used as fillers in the thermoplastic or composites industries. High-profile characteristics are provided by the combination of silane-induced adhesion and the glass fibre reinforced plastic. It gives the finished goods great qualities including high elasticity, low weight, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, and excellent heat and sound insulation. The silanes market will rise rapidly over the evaluation period due to a significant increase in industrial processing activities.
- In 2021, the Adhesives & sealants segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 20.6% and a Market revenue of 0.309 Billion.
Based on the application, the Silanes Market is categorized Fiberglass & mineral wool, Paints & coatings, Polyolefin compounds, Adhesives & sealants, Sol-gel system, Fillers & pigments, Foundry & foundry resin and Silicones. In 2021, the Adhesives & sealants segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 20.6% and a Market revenue of 0.309 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Adhesives & sealants segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR as to improve the functionality of sealants, silanes are frequently utilised. They frequently serve a dual role by acting as both a strong connecting substance and a barrier to the passage of chemicals, fluids, and air on the applied segment. They can create durable linkages in materials including glass, composites, metal, ceramic, etc. As a result, these sealants are employed in a variety of sectors, such as aerospace, automotive, and construction. The market for silanes will experience increased sales because to rising trends in the construction of highly durable, lightweight aircraft, vehicles, and buildings.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Silanes Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Silanes Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 0.49 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Silanes Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 0.49 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Silanes is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Silanes was dominated by the North America region this is explained by according to FMI, the U.S. is anticipated to hold a sizable portion of the worldwide Silanes market. The United States is anticipated to dominate the North American Silanes market throughout the forecast period, with a sizable value share in terms of consumption. The United States is projected to dominate the silanes market because to the sheer number of market players in the area and strong consumption rates from growing end users including the construction and healthcare industries.
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, Due to the significant expansion in the end-use sectors, China is anticipated to rank among the top global consumers of silanes. Future Market Insights anticipates that China will soon surpass the United States as the world's top consumer of silane due to the aforementioned development factors.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Silanes Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- KCC Corporation
- OCI Company Ltd
- Dow Inc.
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- China Bluestar International Chemical Co. Ltd,
- Dalian Onichem Co. Ltd.
- Tokuyama Corporation
- Power Chemical Corporation
- Nanjing Shuguang Silane Chemical Co. Ltd.
- BRB International B.V.
- Nanjing Union Silicon Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing Wanda Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Miliken Chemical
- Supreme Silicones
- Air Liquide Advanced Materials Inc.
- Qufu Chenguang Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Nitrochemie AG
- Gelest Inc.
- WD Silicone Co. Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In September 2018, In Germany's Geesthacht, Evonik Industries announced plans to construct a new silicone facility. This action was taken to increase the company's emphasis on the region's cutting-edge speciality chemical goods.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Silanes Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Silanes Market, By Type
- Halosilanes/hydride functional silanes
- Organofunctional silanes
Global Silanes Market, By Application
- Fiberglass & mineral wool
- Paints & coatings
- Polyolefin compounds
- Adhesives & sealants
- Sol-gel system
- Fillers & pigments
- Foundry & foundry resin
Global Silanes Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?