North America UV LED Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The North America UV LED Market Size was valued at USD 117.0 Million in 2022.
- The Market Size is Growing at a CAGR of 18.5% from 2022 to 2032.
- The North America UV LED Market Size is expected to reach 639.2 Million by 2032.
- North America is expected to Grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The North America UV LED Market Size is expected to reach USD 639.2 Million by 2032, at a CAGR of 18.5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
UV LEDs are solid-state electronics that emanate ultraviolet light, which is classified into UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C wavelengths. With its multiple advantages, such as low energy consumption, prolonged lifespan, and reliable wavelength emission, the technology has been employed in a variety of industries. UV LEDs are small and adaptable, providing design freedom and integration into a wide range of systems and applications. UV LEDs offer an extra-long life cycle than traditional light sources, lowering maintenance and replacement expenses. Furthermore, UV LEDs use far less energy than typical UV light sources such as mercury lamps. They transform a greater proportion of electrical energy to UV light, resulting in lower energy usage and operational expenses. The North American UV LED market has grown as a result of diverse variables such as technological improvements, increased knowledge of the perks of UV LEDs, and an increasing need for cost-effective and environmentally conscious alternatives.
This research report categorizes the market for North America UV LED Market based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the North America UV LED Market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the North America UV LED Market.
North America UV LED Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|USD 117.0 Million
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 639.2 Million
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Application, By End-Users, By Country
|Boston Electronics Corporation, Nordson Corporation, Bivar, Lumex Inc., Inolux, Marktech Optoelectronics, Crystal IS, Others And other key venders
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact,Challenges, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
UV LEDs are frequently utilized in UV curing operations as well as optical sensing and monitoring in industrial applications. They are used in commercial applications such as decontamination and the sterilization process, counterfeit detection, and commercial farming, among others. In addition, UV LEDs are also commonly employed in both air and water filtration systems, as well as household appliances, in the residential sector. Integrating UV LEDs within smart home equipment, such as air purifiers and smart disinfection devices, which will enhance security and long-term reliability while requiring less energy, is expected to accelerate market expansion forward. Furthermore, this region's increased usage of Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets for home automation is driving market expansion. Moreover, technical developments, the rising need for energy-saving and sustainable alternatives, and the increasing popularity of UV LED technology among several industries are driving the North America UV LED market.
- In 2022, the UV-A LED segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 61.3% over the forecast period.
Based on the type, the North America UV LED Market is segmented into UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C. Among these, the UV-A LED segment has the largest revenue share of 41.3% over the forecast period, due to its wide range of applications in various industries. These LEDs emit light with a wavelength of 315 to 400 nanometers (nm). UV-A LEDs are widely utilized in applications such as UV curing in industrial processes (for instance, polymer hardening), forensic analysis, counterfeit detection, and radiation therapy. UV-A LEDs tend to be a key sector in the UV LED market due to their wide range of applications.
- In 2022, the UV curing segment is influencing the largest CAGR over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the North America UV LED Market is segmented into UV curing, medical light therapy, disinfection & sterilization, counterfeit detection, optical sensing & instrumentation, and others. Among these segments, the UV curing segment dominates the largest market share over the forecast period. UV curing is a technique that uses UV-A LEDs to strengthen or cure certain materials for example inks, coatings, and adhesives. Many industries, including automotive, printing, and electronics, utilize this technology. Fast curing speeds, high-quality finishes, and environmentally sustainable techniques that result in a reduction in volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are all advantages of UV curing.
- In 2022, the industrial segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 64.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-users, the North America UV LED Market is segmented into industrial, commercial, and residential. Among these, the industrial segment has the largest revenue share of 64.2% over the forecast period, due to the wide range of applications and the ability of UV LEDs to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in industrial processes. The industrial segment of the UV LED market includes a broad range of applications such as UV curing in manufacturing processes, disinfection and sterilization in food and beverage production, and counterfeit detection in security processes. This segment is traditionally a major consumer of UV LEDs, as these applications can significantly increase efficiency and effectiveness in industrial operations. Industries such as automotive, printing, and electronics, among others, heavily rely on UV LED technology, which is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the North America UV LED Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Boston Electronics Corporation
- Nordson Corporation
- Lumex Inc.
- Marktech Optoelectronics
- Crystal IS
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- On March 2023, Applied UV, Inc., has expanded its strategic relationship to now include Canon Financial Services, Inc. (CFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., to provide leasing services for Applied UV's four operating subsidiaries, MunnWorks, which manufactures and sells to the Hospitality market, LED Supply, which provides design, distribution, and implementation services for lighting, controls, and smart building technology, and SteriLumen and PURO Lig. This agreement will strengthen the collaboration between Applied UV and Canon Virginia, Inc., a Canon group company that is currently contracted to manufacture both product segments.
- In February 2022, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), announced the release of the AccurioJet KM-1e High Definition (HD) model, an advancement of the AccurioJet KM-1e LED UV Inkjet Press that will help Konica Minolta clients expand their companies. The AccurioJet KM-1e produces 1200 x 1200 real DPI output comparable to offset press quality. The AccurioJet KM-1e's manufacturing quality has been improved by adopting new HD technology.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the North America UV LED Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
North America UV LED Market, By Type
North America UV LED Market, By Application
- UV Curing
- Medical Light Therapy
- Disinfection & Sterilization
- Counterfeit Detection
- Optical Sensing & Instrumentation
North America UV LED Market, By End-Users
North America UV LED Market, By Country
- United States
Need help to buy this report?