North America Radiation Protection Apron Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The North America Radiation Protection Apron Market Size was valued at USD 39.83 Million in 2022.
- The Market Size is Growing at a CAGR of 8.16% from 2022 to 2032.
- The North America Radiation Protection Apron Market Size is expected to reach USD 87.31 Million by 2032.
- North America is expected To Grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The North America Radiation Protection Apron Market Size is expected to reach USD 87.31 Million by 2032, at a CAGR of 8.16% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Radiation protection aprons are made from lead or other materials that include antimony, barium, or bismuth and are worn by medical professionals, radiologists, and patients to protect themselves from ionizing radiation, which can cause cancer. Healthcare radiation lead aprons are commonly employed in medical facilities to safeguard patients and employees from excessive X-ray exposure to radiation caused by medical diagnostic examinations. The lead-based apron is intended to protect the body from dangerous radiation. Increasing safety consciousness among individuals working close to or in radiation-prone locations, along with growing advances in technology in radiologic technicians, are projected to boost the market for radiation protective aprons. The rise of the North America radiation protection aprons market is being driven by trends such as a growth in the number of qualified radiologic technicians, higher awareness of risk, an expansion in the number of orthopedic surgery and spine procedures, and an elevation in the number of PET or CT imaging.
The expanding use of nuclear medicine and radiation treatment, as well as the increasing number of cases of cancer and cancer detection guidelines, are likely to provide significant growth prospects for market participants. Furthermore, governments are increasing the proposals to medical professionals for cancer screening tests for patients in order to detect cancer in its early stages and reduce mortality rates. The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) promotes colorectal cancer screening between the ages of 50 and 75 in the United States as a means of decreasing disease occurrence and assuring early-stage treatment. Colorectal cancer screening guidelines for adults aged 50 to 74 years old have also been adopted in Canada. In the forthcoming years, this will fuel demand for the North America radiation protection aprons.
However, rising lead prices will pose a challenge to the North American radiation protection aprons market over the projection period. Because lead is the most essential raw material used in the production of radiation protection gear including gloves, aprons, and eyewear. Yet the material is widely employed for other applications, including fire protection and the manufacture of lead storage batteries. Its cost is expected to rise soon as its application expands in other industries. This highlights the importance of developing new raw materials.
North America Radiation Protection Apron Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|USD 39.83 Million
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 87.31 Million
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Material, By Application, By Country, and Country Statistics (Demand, Price, Growth, Trends, Competitors, Challenges)
|Infab Corporation, Bar-ray Products, AliMed, Inc., Burlington Medical, Shielding International, Inc., Protech Medical, AADCO Medical, Inc., Lite Tech, Barrier Technologies, BLOXR Solutions, Techo-Aide, Kemper Medical, Inc., Z&Z Medical, MXR Imaging Inc., Wolf X-ray Corporation, Universal Medical, Inc.
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for North America Radiation Protection Apron Market based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market.
- In 2022, the front protection segment is witnessing a higher growth rate over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market is segmented into front protection, vest & skirt, full wrap, pregnancy lead apron, and others. In recognition of the widespread availability and frequent utilization of these aprons in dentistry practices and hospital settings, the front protection segment is likely to grow at a quicker rate throughout the projection period.
- In 2022, the lead apron segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 54.3% over the forecast period.
On the basis of material, the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market is segmented into lead apron, light lead composite apron, and lead free apron. Due to the higher lifespan of these aprons and their effectiveness in shielding radiation and safeguarding the body, the lead apron segment is dominating the market with the greatest revenue share of 54.3% throughout the forecast period. The lead apron is created of heavy cotton or polyester fabric, that helps with radiation shielding. The lead aprons have been developed to easily fit over employees' ordinary clothing while also providing extra protection as required.
- In 2022, the healthcare segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 41.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market is segmented into medical and industrial. Among these, the healthcare segment has the largest revenue share of 41.2% over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand from industries such as energy, oil & gas, and manufacturing, which use radioactive materials in manufacturing procedures or yield radioactive waste byproducts which necessitate disposal techniques. In addition, strict government laws governing nuclear power plant safety measures are likely to stimulate sector growth over the forecast period.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Infab Corporation
- Bar-ray Products
- AliMed, Inc.
- Burlington Medical
- Shielding International, Inc.
- Protech Medical
- AADCO Medical, Inc.
- Lite Tech
- Barrier Technologies
- BLOXR Solutions
- Kemper Medical, Inc.
- Z&Z Medical
- MXR Imaging Inc.
- Wolf X-ray Corporation
- Universal Medical, Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- On May 2023, Cassling announced that it is a new strategic sales agent in various geographic territories across the United States for Radiaction Medical, the makers of a novel, FDA-cleared advanced radiation blocking technology. The Radiaction system is the first and only advanced technology to proactively block radiation at the source, providing comprehensive, head-to-toe radiation protection to the entire interventional team. Radiaction provides an unparalleled level of protection to physicians and staff while allowing unencumbered patient care, access and service. Radiaction has received 510(k) clearance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to enable compatibility with certain C-arm machines. As part of an initial agreement, Cassling will offer the system to cardiology lab customers throughout the country.
- On March 2022, Egg Medical Inc., a Twin Cities medtech startup, is already expanding sales of a new product that is overlaid on an exam table to shelter health care providers from scatter radiation. The company's invention, called an EggNest, is a carbon-fiber shell that wraps around the mattress as well as below and above the table. The shields are made of a polymer blend and other components. TVM Capital Life Science, a transatlantic venture capital firm, led the $13 million funding round for Egg Medical.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the North America Radiation Protection Apron Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
North America Radiation Protection Apron Market, By Type
- Front Protection
- Vest & Skirt
- Full Wrap
- Pregnancy Lead Apron
North America Radiation Protection Apron Market, By Material
- Lead Apron
- Light Lead Composite Apron
- Lead Free Apron
North America Radiation Protection Apron Market, By Application
North America Radiation Protection Apron Market, By Country
- United States
Need help to buy this report?