Global Lentiviral Vectors Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Component (Lentiviral promoter, Lentiviral fusion tags, Lentivirus packaging systems and Other), By Type (Product and Services), By Generation (4th-generation, 3rd-generation, 2nd-generation and 1st-generation), By Workflow (Upstream Processing And Downstream Processing), By Delivery Method (In Vivo and Ex Vivo), By Disease Indication (Cancer, Genetic Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Veterinary Disease And Other), By Application (Gene Therapy And Vaccinology), By End User (Biotechnology Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) and Academic/Research Institutes), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global lentiviral vectors market was valued at USD 180 Million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 18.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global lentiviral vectors market is expected to reach USD 829 Million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global lentiviral vectors market is expected to reach USD 829 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 18.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The lentiviral vectors market has grown due to increasing research and development for non-lentiviral gene therapies. In addition, the growing demand for lentiviral and the rise in infectious diseases is also driving the market.
Lentiviral vectors, also known as LV, are a good way to move genes between mammalian cells because they can keep a gene of interest active in both non-dividing and dividing cells. Lentiviruses take a long time to show symptoms and can cause chronic infections in animals and people. Both species can get sick from lentiviruses. There may be a long time between the first infection and the first signs of the disease. It could be months or even years. Molecular scientists use viral vectors all the time to put genetic material into the structures of cells. The treatment could be done either "in vivo," which means inside a living creature, or "in cell culture" (in vitro). Lentivirus vectors are also used in gene therapy and the making of vaccines, in addition, they are also used in molecular biology research. The main people on the market have access to a wide range of goods and services that they could use to make lentiviral vectors. The lentiviral vector industry is growing significantly because there are more and more older people and because people want new vaccines because of the Covid-19 outbreak. But things like lentiviral vectors' inability to be scaled up and their limited ability to be cleaned up afterwards could make it hard for them to be used commercially. There are chances for the global lentiviral vector market to grow because key players in the industry have made strategic moves and funding for genomic research is rising. Lentiviral vector products may cause side effects and have to meet strict regulations makes it hard for the industry to grow further.
This research report categorizes the market for global lentiviral vectors based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global lentiviral vectors market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global lentiviral vectors market sub-segments.
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2030:||USD 180 million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||18.5|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 829 million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||219|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||270|
|Segments covered:||By Component, By Type, By Generation, By Workflow, By Delivery Method, By Application, By End User, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Merck KGaA, Lonza, FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A. Inc., Cobra Biologics Ltd., Brammer Bio, Waisman Biomanufacturing, Genezen, YPOSKESI, Advanced BioScience, Laboratories Inc. (ABL Inc.), Novasep Holding S.A.S, ATVIO Biotech Ltd|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the downstream processing segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60.1% and market revenue of 108 million.
Based on the workflow, the global lentiviral vectors market is categorized into Upstream Processing And Downstream Processing. In 2021, the downstream processing segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60.1% and market revenue of 108 million. Because there are a lot of steps that need to be taken before the final, clinical-grade product can be polished and cleaned. Also, the increased use of lentiviral vectors as treatments has led to a rise in the need to improve downstream processing. Methods for making viruses on a smaller scale sometimes involve complicated steps that are hard to copy on a larger scale and are thought to be advanced. These factors are driving the growth of the category market.
- In 2021, the cancer segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 72 million.
Based on disease indication, the lentiviral vectors market is categorized into Cancer, Genetic Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Veterinary Diseases, And Others. In 2021, the cancer segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 72 million. The market is growing because of a number of things, such as the rise in the use of vectors to make cancer treatments, the large number of research programs, and the recent approvals of gene therapy products. During the forecast period, it is expected that the large pipelines of cancer gene therapy products held by different companies will contribute to the growth of the market.
- In 2021, the Academic/Research Institutes segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 44% and a market revenue of 79.2 million.
Based on end-user, the lentiviral vectors market is categorized into Biotechnology Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO) and Academic/Research Institutes. In 2021, the Academic/Research Institutes segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 44% and a market revenue of 79.2 million. Scientists are becoming more interested in gene and cell therapy research, which is likely to lead to a greater need for lentiviral vectors. Also, research organisations, are becoming important end-users in the market for lentiviral vectors. This is making it more likely that advanced medicines will be made available and that there will be more research and development projects based on gene therapy. For example, Abeona Therapeutics, one of these companies, is currently testing gene therapies based on AAV9 to treat CLN1 and CLN3 diseases. So, it will help the market grow.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Lentiviral Vectors Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest market for the global lentiviral vectors market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 180 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global lentiviral vectors market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 180 million of the market revenue. North America is expected to be the largest market. One of the most important things that has led to this region's huge market share is the fact that there are a lot of centres and institutions working on the research and development of new medicines.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, because there are more patients and more research and development projects in this field. Also, people from the West are flying to Asian countries for stem cell therapy because the laws in this region are less strict. In addition, this place has relatively inexpensive manufacturing and operational units that can be used for research.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global lentiviral vectors market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Merck KGaA
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A. Inc.
- Cobra Biologics Ltd.
- Brammer Bio
- Waisman Biomanufacturing
- Advanced BioScience
- Laboratories Inc. (ABL Inc.)
- Novasep Holding S.A.S
- ATVIO Biotech Ltd
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In June 2022, Avid Bioservices, Inc. opened its analytical and process development (AD/PD) suites. These suites were part of the company's lentiviral vector development and Current Good Manufacturing Plant (CGMP) manufacturing facility.
- In May 2022, AGC Biologics said that it would add viral vector suspension technology and space to its commercial-grade site in Longmont, Colorado. This would make it easier to study and make gene therapies.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global lentiviral vectors market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Component
- Lentiviral promoter
- Lentiviral fusion tags
- Lentivirus packaging systems
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Type
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Generation Type
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Workflow
- Upstream Processing
- Downstream Processing
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Delivery Method
- In Vivo
- Ex Vivo
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Disease Indication
- Genetic Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Veterinary Disease
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By Application
- Gene Therapy
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, By End-User
- Biotechnology Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO)
- Academic/Research Institutes
Global Lentiviral Vectors Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?