Japan Optoelectronics Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Japan Optoelectronics Market Size was valued at USD 5.06 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2022 to 2032.
- The Japan Optoelectronics Market Size is expected to reach USD 12.8 Billion by 2032.
- Japan is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Japan Optoelectronics Market Size is expected to reach USD 12.8 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Optoelectronics, often known as optronics, is the modern technology of electrical devices which interact with light exposure which can be visible, infrared, or ultraviolet. The quantum fundamental implications of light on materials used in electronics, particularly semiconductors, in the context of electric fields, constitute optoelectronics. Semiconductor materials are used extensively in optoelectronics. Optoelectronic products are employed in a wide range of applications, including the use of optical fiber communications, laser technology, and optical metrology in general.
Optoelectronics is a rapidly developing technology discipline that involves the use of electronic devices to source, detect, and manipulate light. These electronic components can be used in a variety of applications, including military operations, automatic security systems, telecommunications, and medical equipment. LEDs, photo and laser diodes, and solar cells are among the most popular optoelectronic devices that offer direct electron-photon conversion. Furthermore, optoelectronics is a critical technology that has permitted virtually smooth operation of the communication industry, and it has benefited a wide range of industries, including medical, communications, aerospace, and defense.
Optoelectronic devices account for a large portion of the Japanese semiconductor business, and further expansion is being seen in a few industries, most notably the electronics and electric vehicle industries. Furthermore, the Japan optoelectronics market is expanding significantly due to the rising demand for optical systems in the healthcare and automotive industries, the growing requirements for advanced consumer electronics devices, and the high demand for long-lasting and low-power-consuming equipment. Additionally, growing consumer demand in the automotive industry, particularly with the rising popularity of electric vehicles, self-driving trucks, and autonomous vehicles, is likely to enhance optoelectronic device usage, boosting the Japanese market even further. The need for optocouplers is likely to gain up stream as the country's demand for smartphones, electric vehicles, and other optocoupler-supporting gadgets rises dramatically. Optocouplers are widely employed in communication systems.
This research report categorizes the market for Japan Optoelectronics Market based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Japan Optoelectronics Market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the Japan Optoelectronics Market.
- In 2022, the sensors segment is witnessing a higher growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the type, the Japan Optoelectronics Market is segmented into LED, laser diode, image sensors, optocouplers, photovoltaic cells, and others. Among these, the sensors segment is witnessing a higher growth rate over the forecast period. The rising usage of different types of sensors such as photodiodes, image sensors, and optical sensors across several industry verticals is contributed to the rise of the sensors market. Optical sensors promote safety in the textile sector; CMOS imaging sensors have applications in recording devices, spectroscopy, and LiDAR technology systems; and plasmonic color sensors are applied to LED monitoring and colorimetry, among several other uses. As a result of the widespread use of various sensors in a wide range of applications, the sensors segment has the largest share of the Japan optoelectronics market.
- In 2022, the measurement segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 33.6% over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the Japan Optoelectronics Market is segmented into lighting, security & surveillance, communication, measurement, displays, and others. Among these, the measurement segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 33.6% over the forecast period. Because optical measuring systems are significantly more accurate than other systems, they are utilized for production control and surveillance across many industries, as well as in visual inspection and other applications, leading to the segment's biggest market share.
- In 2022, the consumer electronics segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 34.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-users, the Japan Optoelectronics Market is segmented into automotive, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics, information technology, healthcare, residential & commercial, industrial, and others. Among these, the consumer electronics segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 34.2% over the forecast period. This is due to the increasing use of optoelectronic elements in the manufacturing process of consumer electronics, as well as breakthroughs in electronic devices such as smartphones, high-end cameras, smart television displays, LED projectors, organic LEDs, and flexible 3-D displays. The rising popularity of such gadgets in the country is likely to drive up demand for optoelectronics throughout the forecast period.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Japan Optoelectronics Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
- Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Holdings Corporation
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- On October 2022, AIXTRON SE, a global leader in semiconductor deposition equipment, has received an order for an AIX 2800G4 MOCVD System from FURUKAWA FITEL OPTICAL DEVICE CO., LTD., a Japanese manufacturer of compound semiconductor devices. The equipment will be utilized to design and manufacture optoelectronic devices made of Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) and Indium Phosphide (InP).
- On March 2022, Nisshinbo Micro Devices Inc. has completed development of the NJL5830R reflective-type optoelectronic sensor for touchless pushbuttons and will begin production soon. The NJL5830R is an optoelectronic sensor of the reflecting type that combines a high-power infrared LED with a receiver photo IC in a single package. Nisshinbo Micro Devices Inc. will introduce a line of optical touchless sensors under the brand "OpttonTM."
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Japan Optoelectronics Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Japan Optoelectronics Market, By Type
- Laser Diode
- Image Sensors
- Photovoltaic Cells
Japan Optoelectronics Market, By Application
- Security & Surveillance
Japan Optoelectronics Market, By End Users
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Information Technology
- Residential & Commercial
Need help to buy this report?