The Global Intumescent Coatings Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Intumescent Coatings Market Size was valued at USD 1.7 Billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2022 to 2030
- The Global Intumescent Coatings Market Size is expected to reach USD 3.26 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
In order to safeguard onshore and offshore steel structures against fire at high temperatures, the oil and gas industry uses intumescent coatings due to strict restrictions and an increase in exploration operations worldwide; the oil and gas sector's high product demand is expected to drive the market expansion. Additionally, during the anticipated period, demand from the construction sector is anticipated to drive market expansion.
The protective coating layer insulating steel substrates exposed to fire is known as an intumescent coating. The demand for intumescent coatings is inversely correlated with that of the construction sector. The main uses of intumescent coating include fire prevention, suppression, and window casings for coastal buildings, marine and offshore installations, aeroplanes, and ships. In the oil and gas sector, intumescent coatings protect steel buildings on the land and at sea against fire at temperatures of 1,100°C or higher. The market due to strict restrictions and an increase in exploration operations worldwide, the oil and gas sector's high product demand is expected to drive market expansion. Additionally, during the anticipated period, demand from the construction sector is anticipated to drive market expansion.
Some of the most significant factors that will probably contribute to the growth of the intumescent coatings market in the anticipated timeframe of 2021–2028 include the rising preference for lightweight materials in the building and construction industry across the globe, soaring levels of investment for the development of advanced and improved infrastructure, rising growth in the oil and gas exploration activities, prevalence of shale gas outlook, and rapid urbanization. Moreover, they shield structural steel from exposure to chemicals and moisture, which can weaken the metal. These coatings offer defence against jet and pool fires.
Throughout the projected period, rising energy consumption is anticipated to fuel the oil and gas industry, which will fuel demand for intumescent coating. The introduction of cutting-edge thin-film, lightweight intumescent coatings is anticipated to increase demand significantly. During the forecast period, rising consumer awareness of residential building fireproofing will likely drive market expansion. The market is also anticipated to increase during the forecast period due to the rising demand for cellulosic intumescent coatings to safeguard the structural integrity of reinforced steel in buildings.
In the above-mentioned anticipated timeframe, the market growth of intumescent coatings is likely to be constrained by a lack of awareness of the product's advantages in developing economies and the availability of less expensive alternatives. The primary obstacle to the market's expansion will be the volatility of raw material prices and worries about coating applications and their longevity.
Global Intumescent Coatings Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1.70 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||7.5 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 3.26 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||210|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||140|
|Segments covered:||By Technology, By End Use Technology, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||The Sherwin-Williams Company Carboline Albi Protective Coatings Isolatek International Flame Control Coatings Rudolf Hensel GmbH PPG Industries, Inc 3M Sika AG Tor Coatings|
|Growth Drivers:||The oil and gas sectors high product demand is expected to drive the market expansion.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||The primary obstacle to the markets expansion will be the volatility of raw material prices and worries about coating applications and their longevity.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for Global Intumescent Coatings based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Intumescent Coatings Market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each of The Global Intumescent Coatings Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Epoxy-based segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40.1% and market revenue of 681.95 million.
Based on the Technology, the Global Intumescent Coatings Market is categorized into Water-based, Solvent-based, and Epoxy-based. In 2021, the Epoxy-based segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60.1% and market revenue of 681.95 million. Epoxy-based intumescent coatings provide an insulation barrier in the case of a fire, exhibiting exceptional passive fire protection which drives market expansion during the forecast period.
- In 2021, the Cellulosic segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 56.0% and market revenue of 952.35 million.
Based on the Application, the Global Intumescent Coatings Market is categorized into Cellulosic and Hydrocarbon. In 2021, the Cellulosic segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 56.0% and market revenue of 952.35 million. In the construction business, cellulosic intumescent coatings are primarily used. The construction industry's expanding need for intumescent coatings, particularly in industrial and commercial buildings, is anticipated to fuel market expansion. Additionally, increased pressure from several health and safety organizations concerning workplace human safety is anticipated to drive segment growth over the course of the projection year.
- In 2021, the Oil & Gas segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40.0% and market revenue of 680.25 million.
Based on the End-use, the Global Intumescent Coatings Market is categorized into Oil & Gas, Automotive, Construction, and Others. In 2021, the Oil & Gas segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40.0% and market revenue of 680.25 million. The Oil & Gas demand in these intumescent coatings market is anticipated to be driven by rising investments in exploration activities, deep-water projects, marginal fields, and the increase of refining capacity. Increasing government pressure to comply with strict fire safety requirements and an increase in industrial exploratory efforts are anticipated to drive market expansion during the forecast period.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Global Intumescent Coatings Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the Global Intumescent Coatings Market, with a market share of around 35.0% and 595.22 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the Global Intumescent Coatings Market, with a market share of around 35.0% and 595.22 million of the market revenue in 2021. The Asia-Pacific region's demand for intumescent coatings is expected to increase as a result of factors like the presence of numerous end users, close proximity to raw material suppliers, and rising industrialization and urbanization, particularly in China and India.
- North America market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, The region's end-use industries, including construction, automotive, marine, and others, have a lot of room to grow thanks to the region's abundant raw materials and less strict VOC emission standards than those in North America and Europe.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Intumescent Coatings Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Albi Protective Coatings
- Isolatek International
- Flame Control Coatings
- Rudolf Hensel GmbH
- PPG Industries, Inc
- Sika AG
- Tor Coatings
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Automotive Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In April 2022- Steel Master 1200HPE a high-performance epoxy intumescent coating was introduced by Jotun. For up to 120 minutes, the new intumescent coating shields infrastructure structures from cellulosic fire.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Intumescent Coatings Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
The Global Intumescent Coatings Market, By Technology
The Global Intumescent Coatings Market, By End-use
- Oil & Gas
The Global Intumescent Coatings Market, By Application
The Global Intumescent Coatings Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?