DSM is a global, purpose-led leader in health and nutrition, applying bioscience to improve the health of people, animals, and the planet. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all which we achieve through developing products and solutions that address some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value.
• DSM is a global company based in the Netherlands that specializes in health, nutrition, and materials.
• DSM provides advanced company solutions in human nutrition, livestock nutrition, personal hygiene and aroma, medical equipment, green products and applications, and novel mobility and connectivity.
• DSM has followed five-year strategic periods of portfolio transformation and internationalization in the twenty-first century, involving acquisitions, divestments, and partnerships.
Get more details on this report -
Recent Developments (last 3 years)
- In April 2023, DSM, an international science-based leader in nutrition, health, and bioscience, has announced that it has entered into exclusive discusses with Adare Pharma Solutions to purchase Adare Biome, a pioneer in the development and manufacturing of postbiotics, for €275 million.
- In March 2023, DSM and feed provider Agrifirm have successfully integrated Bovaer into the regular farming operations of 158 dairy farms in the Netherlands, making it the world's first large-scale on-farm use of the methane-reducing feed additive for cattle.
- Royal DSM's strengths examine the key aspects of its business that give it a competitive advantage in the market. A brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness, and intangible assets such as brand value.
- Well-established global presence through presence in Europe, Asia, the Americas and other part of world
- Due to its reliance on the developed market, the company faces dependency risks.
- Huge market share from specific geographies also weakens the stability of the business at times of catastrophes.
- Acquisitions can help in strengthening the brand in nutrition segment.
- Competency in photovoltaic cells manufacturing can be leveraged to meet surging demand.
- Product profit margins are reduced as a result of stiff competition.
- Revenue of the organization is declining as a result of the turbulent economic situation.
Need help to buy this report?