Global Dental Radiography Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global dental radiography market was valued at USD 2.32 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global dental radiography market is expected to reach USD 3.59 billion by 2030
- Asia - Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global dental radiography market is expected to reach USD 3.59 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Radiography of the mouth, often known as dental radiography, is an essential component of any dental operation. It serves the purpose of preventing dental issues and diagnosing those that already exist. Dental radiography is another diagnostic tool dentists utilize for intraoral and extraoral examinations. The increasing prevalence of dental disorders, technical improvements in dental imaging, and rising demand for aesthetic dentistry are the primary factors propelling growth in the dental imaging market.
Radioactive chemicals, x-rays, and other forms of radiation are often employed with the aid of dental radiology and imaging instruments to treat dental disorders. The dental imaging procedure can differentiate between people of various ages suffering from dental problems. This framework is utilized to acquire a visual representation of the oral cavity in its entirety, and other devices that incorporate a little camera are utilized to reach the inside corners of the oral cavity to obtain the visual representation. The expansion of the market is being driven by several factors, including the introduction of cutting-edge dental technology, an expanding selection of advanced dental radiology and imaging systems, an increasing geriatric population, and an increase in the number of patients undergoing dental surgery. Several technological breakthroughs have been made in recent years in the market for dentistry digital X-rays. The Cone-beam Computed Tomography System is a good example of this ground-breaking invention (CBCT). The CBCT system provides quick, accurate, and three-dimensional imaging of patients to diagnose dental diseases. This method has effectively overcome the challenges presented by conventional 2-D X-ray imaging, facilitating more precise research and more accurate diagnoses of dental problems.
This research report categorizes the market for global dental radiography market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global dental radiography market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global dental radiography market sub-segments.
Global Dental Radiography Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 2.32 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 3.59 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||240|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||127|
|Segments covered:||By Technology, By Procedure, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Envista Holdings Corporation, DURR DENTAL SE, Cefla Medical Equipment, Carestream Dental LLC, Asahi Roentgen Ind. Co. Ltd, Acteon Group, 3Shape A/S, Biolase Inc, Align Technology, Inc, A-Dec, 3M Company, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Institute Straumann, Danaher Corporation, Planmeca OY, Dentsply Sirona, MORITA Corporation, Medit Corporation, Midmark Corporation, Planmeca Group, Takara Belmont Corporation, VATECH Co Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Analog X-ray Systems segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 59% and market revenue of 1.36 billion.
Based on the technology, the dental radiography market is categorized into Analog X-ray Systems and Digital X-ray Systems. In 2021, the analog X-ray systems segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 59% and market revenue of 1.36 billion. Its market share is anticipated to increase within the next several years. The development rate may be because high-quality x-ray pictures require several exposures. This is why the analog X-ray segment is increasing.
- In 2021, the Intraoral X-rays segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 57% and market revenue of 1.32 billion.
Based on procedure, the dental radiography market is categorized into Intraoral X-rays and Extraoral X-rays. In 2021, Intraoral X-rays dominated the market with the largest market share of 57% and market revenue of 1.32 billion. Intraoral radiography technology gives comprehensive pictures, allowing dentists to discover cavities and monitor the overall health of teeth & jawbones. Imaging the mouth with intraoral x-rays is the diagnostic technique that is utilized most frequently in the area of dentistry.
- In 2021, the Medical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 0.85 billion
Based on the application, the dental radiography market is categorized as Medical, Cosmetic dentistry, and Forensic. In 2021, the medical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 0.85 billion. Dental radiographs evaluate the amount of tooth decay and check for further oral disorders such as cysts or abscesses. The medical application sector held the greatest revenue share since it allows you to view the entire extent of some conditions, including cavities, tumors, and fractures.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Dental Radiography Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Dental Radiography Market, with a market share of around 34.90% and 2.32 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Dental Radiography Market, with a market share of around 34.90% and 2.32 billion of the market revenue. At this time, the market for dental radiology and imaging devices in the dentistry sector is led by the North American region. The market expansion is being driven by several factors, including the increased emphasis on dental care and the rising demand for various imaging technologies. The presence of qualified dentists, an increasing number of patients with dental disorders, and specialist dental hospitals all contribute to the significant growth of the European market.
- The Asia- Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The market for dental radiology and dental imaging devices in Asia is anticipated to be a profitable market worldwide due to the improved economic situation, which is likely to increase the likelihood of receiving high-quality medical treatment. Additionally, the individual market-impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market are provided in the country section of the dental radiology and dental imaging devices market report.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global dental radiography market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Envista Holdings Corporation
- DURR DENTAL SE
- Cefla Medical Equipment
- Carestream Dental LLC
- Asahi Roentgen Ind. Co. Ltd
- Acteon Group
- 3Shape A/S
- Biolase Inc
- Align Technology, Inc
- 3M Company
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings
- Institute Straumann
- Danaher Corporation
- Planmeca OY
- Dentsply Sirona
- MORITA Corporation
- Medit Corporation
- Midmark Corporation
- Planmeca Group
- Takara Belmont Corporation
- VATECH Co Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In February 2022, Overjet was awarded a patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for its artificial intelligence (AI) technology that assesses illness and evaluates anatomical features on dental X-rays.
- In April 2021, The CS 2400P, a mobile X-ray generator, was introduced by Carestream Dental. It is a portable device capable of producing the strong X-ray beam that is essential for producing high-quality images while also providing the full flexibility of use characteristic of mobile devices.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global dental radiography market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Dental Radiography Market, By Technology
- Analog X-ray Systems
- Digital X-ray Systems
Global Dental Radiography Market, By Procedure
- Intraoral X-rays
- Extraoral X-rays
Global Dental Radiography Market, By Application
- Cosmetic dentistry
Global Dental Radiography Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?