Global Data Center UPS Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By UPS Capacity (Up to 500 KVA, 500−1,000 KVA, More Than 1,000 KVA), Tier (Tier I and II, Tier III, Tier IV), By End User (Information Technology, BFSI, Healthcare, Energy, Manufacturing), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Electronics, ICT & Media
Global Data Center UPS Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Data Center UPS Market Size was valued at USD 5,135.6 million in 2021.
- The Data Center UPS Market Growth rate is growing at a CAGR of 6.71% from 2022 to 2030.
- The Worldwide Data Center UPS Market Size is expected to reach USD 9,836.01 million by 2030.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Data Center UPS Market Size is expected to reach USD 9,836.1 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.71% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. Data is being produced at a faster rate due to the proliferation of digital devices, expanding linked client bases, and expanding content. The need for increased storage is being driven by the fact that businesses see value in old data and that it has become a crucial component of forecasting. One of the main aspects fuelling data centre UPS market expansion is the soaring demand for data and networking capacity.
Global Data Center UPS Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 5135.6 Million|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||6.71%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 9836.01 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||225|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||120|
|Segments covered:||By Capacity, By Tier, By End Use|
|Companies Covered:||ABB Ltd., Schneider Electric, Eaton Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric, Legrand, Vertiv Group Corporation, General Electric Company, Delta Electronics, Toshiba, Emerson Electric|
|Growth Drivers:||Hyperscale data centres have been boomingly established as a result of the increased demand for and interest in cloud computing.|
Get more details on this report -
An improved electrical device known as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) provides battery backup by automatically activating after a power outage, outage, or voltage fluctuation. It works by employing a rectifier to change alternating current (AC) electricity into direct current (DC) power. Additionally, it offers standby, line interactive, and double conversion versions of the typical UPS types flywheel, lithium-ion, and valve-regulated lead acid (VRLA). These devices suppress energy surges to minimise equipment damage, eliminate operational problems brought on by variations, and assist in maintaining the infrastructure until reliable power is restored. Data centre UPS also reduces power usage, maximises energy economy, and provides high power performance and scalability to meet power demands. As a result, many industries utilise data centre UPS to prevent equipment failure and the loss of information or files.
This research report categorizes the market for Data Center UPS based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Data Center UPS market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the Data Center UPS market.
Hyperscale data centres have been boomingly established as a result of the increased demand for and interest in cloud computing. In industries including IT, entertainment, finance, and healthcare, demand for online systems and software is rising quickly. This demand fuels the demand for data centres, which in turn will spur market expansion in the years to come. Blade servers are a highly space-efficient substitute for traditional rack servers while having higher power requirements and producing more heat. With their small size, high efficiency, and high power density ratios, installed UPS should be effective enough to power a leading power factor supply. Power outages and spikes in voltage are becoming more frequent throughout the world. For instance, according to data from the U.S. Department of Energy, the number of power outages in the nation has doubled over the past 20 years, and in 2020, the average person suffered more than eight hours of power outages, which had a direct influence on the operation of data centres. As a result, there is now a greater need for power backup systems, which in turn has spurred market growth.
- 500-kVA systems segment is anticipated to to grow at the highest CAGR.
Based on the capacity, the global data center UPS market is segmented into Up to 500 KVA, 500−1,000 KVA, More Than 1,000 KVA. Among these, 500-Kva segment is anticipated to reach the highest CAGR around 8% over the forecast period. This may be due to their widespread use as a temporary energy source during power outages or voltage spikes in data centres of small to large enterprises.
- Tier III data centers to generate the largest revenue of USD 3 billion.
On the basis of tier, the global data center UPS market is segmented into Tier I and II, Tier III, Tier IV. Among these, the tier-III data centers is anticipated to generate the largest revenue of USD 3 billion over the upcoming years. It is also most likely to continue in this trend during the following years. This is so that they can meet the requirements for tier III facilities, which are generally used by both growing and established businesses. Additionally, there are other current data centre projects in various parts of the world that fit into this category.
- IT sector to dominate the market with the largest market share.
Based on the end user, the global data center UPS market is segmented into Information Technology, BFSI, Heathcare, Energy, and Manufacturing. Among these, IT sector is dominating the market with the largest market share over the forecast period. Top IT firms have a strong requirement to store and secure data in data centres due to their reliance on cloud computing platforms and data analytics. Companies use data centre UPS solutions, which provide a dependable power supply, to accomplish business objectives. Several large corporations, like Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, control more than half of the largest data centres and have a substantial impact on the market's expansion.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Data Center UPS Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global data center UPS market share in 2021.
- North America, which contributed the most to overall revenue in 2016, is anticipated to increase significantly over the next few years. The main end customers of data centre UPS in the area are probably in the financial, healthcare, and insurance sectors. Businesses are pressured to address their data centre footprint and other issues in order to improve their assets because high availability computing is becoming more and more popular.
- During the projection period, the market in the Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate. The rapid growth of the IT & Telecom industry is to be blamed for the expansion of the regional market. The global market for data centre UPS is anticipated to be significantly impacted by the growing digitization and adoption of technologies like IoT and 5G. In order to effectively run a wireless network that requires a dependable power infrastructure to deliver high-speed services, telecom operators are adopting 5G standalone (SA) networks to offer customers cutting-edge and modern services.
List of Key Market Players:
- ABB Ltd.
- Schneider Electric
- Eaton Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Vertiv Group Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Delta Electronics
- Emerson Electric
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In February 2022, Nokia has made an announcement to launch advanced services as well as network solutions for 5G between 2023 and 2025 in India for meeting the rising demand for various industry segments.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Data Center UPS market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Data Center UPS Market, by Capacity
- Up to 500 KVA
- 500 – 1,000 KVA
- More than 1,000 KVA
Data Center UPS Market, by Tier
- Tier I and II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center UPS Market, by End User
Data Center UPS Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?