Global C5 Resins Market Forecasts to 2030
- The Global C5 Resins Market Size was valued at USD 650 million in 2021
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.05% from 2021 to 2030
- The Worldwide C5 Resins Market is expected to reach USD 980 million by 2030
- Asia Pacific expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global C5 Resins Market Size is expected to reach USD 980 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.05% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
The C5 resin is the outgrowth of naphtha cracking which is used as a raw material for petroleum resins and synthetic rubber and also utilized as the painting and coating for various objects. Additionally, the demand and production of paints also help to boost market growth. From this market growth, C5 Resin is used in construction projects, the constructional material. Aliphatic crackers like piperylene and isoprene are used to make C5 resins.AlCl3 is the main catalyst used in C5 resins. From the cracking of petroleum fraction, the low molecular weight has been made. The key factor of the market growth is to increase the penetration of electric vehicles.
This research report categorizes the market for the global C5 resins market based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global C5 resins market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the market.
Increasing demand for C5 resin as adhesives, which is a chemical compound that can affix the viscosity in the adhesive formulation is driving the market growth. The increasing utilization of the petroleum resin market for the manufacturing of hot-melt adhesives is propelling the petroleum resin market globally during the forecasted period. Also, the utilization of rubber blending and printing inks is expected to rise.
The rising demand for residential and commercial factors is also booming the construction demand which is impacted on the fuel market growth. The government organization is heavily invested in the bipartisan infrastructure plans in the U.S. for the growth of the construction industry during the forecast period.
Global C5 Resins Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:
|USD 650 Million
|2021 - 2030
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:
|2030 Value Projection:
|USD 980 Million
|Historical Data for:
|2017 - 2020
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Application, By End User, By Distribution Channel, By Region
|Exon Mobil Corporation, Neville Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Kolon Industries Inc, Sojitz Corporation, QINGDAO HIGREE CHEMICAL CO., LTD, Arakawa Chemical Industries, Puyang Tiancheng Chemical Co., Ltd, LESCO CHEMICAL LIMITED, Reehua Yuanhai Biotech Co., Ltd, Shanghai Jinsen Hydrocarbon Resins Co. Limited, Zeon Corporation, KPL International Ltd.
Get more details on this report -
Globally, the C5 resin market is growing rapidly. However, there is some obstacle that is restraining the growth due to increasing prices of raw material. Alternatives are also available for the resin market such as rosin resin or hydrogenated hydrocarbon, which can also hinder the market growth of the C5 Resin market.
- In 2021, the C5/C9 aromatic hydrocarbon Resins is dominating the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Based on type the Global C5 Resins Market, the C5/C9 aromatic hydrocarbon is mostly utilized in industrial applications. It is suitable for use in paints, adhesives, rubbers, printing ink, and other areas where tackiness is required. They are available in a wide range of molecular weights and softening points as a solid grade 85 - 115°C and liquid grades 5 - 10°C and provide outstanding tacks.
- In 2021, adhesive & sealants has projected the market share of the global market during the forecast period
Based on the application the Global C5 Resins Market, the adhesive and sealants have the largest market which is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period. The adhesive and sealants are projected to obtain a higher global share of the market. These resins provide good adhesion and are used to tack in pressure-sensitive and hot melt adhesives. Moreover, to increase market presence several key players have been invested in the adhesive and sealants which in turn ultimatum for C5 resins.
As per the application, the second largest segment is paints and coating. C5 resins are used as an adhesive to prevent the surface of various materials. They are projected to hold a key share of the global market of C5 resins.
- In 2021, the increasing Automotive Industry and Construction Industry with the largest market share over the forecast period
Bifurcated on the end user segment, the construction industry is expanding due to increasing demand for commercial and residential is also expected to fuel market growth, however, the growth in global activities has produced the demand for various products such as adhesives, coats, and painting. In the construction industry growing demand for plywood and wallpaper is projected to offer significant market growth the over forecast period.
The automotive sector is also the largest consuming sector of rubber products, rubbers are used in manufacturing large numbers of tires, airbags, dust covers, and bumpers. Increasing penetration of electric vehicles due to the advancement of technology will bring growth opportunities for market players in upcoming market growth.
- In 2021, in the distribution channel online segment is dominating the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
The global C5 resin market is segmented by distribution channels into online, retailers, convenience stores, and others. Among these, the online segment is anticipated to hold the share in the market during the forecast period on account of the higher consumer pool and convenient accessibility of online products. However, in 2020, during pandemic, it was observed that about 82% of the global population purchased goods online, which is estimated to increase aggressively throughout the forecast period.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Global C5 Resins Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Asia Pacific is dominating the market over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific holds the largest market share growth estimated at 35% market growth over the forecast period due to the presence of economic countries such as Japan, India, and China. Currently, China captures more than one-fourth of the global coating and painting market. Japan is the world’s fourth-largest region by purchasing power parity and third largest in nominal GDP. Moreover, India holds great potential for the growing economy, currently has over 500 manufacturers engaged in the printing ink business, and also have future market opportunities.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global C5 Resins market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Exon Mobil Corporation
- Neville Chemical Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Kolon Industries Inc.
- Sojitz Corporation
- QINGDAO HIGREE CHEMICAL CO., LTD
- Arakawa Chemical Industries
- Puyang Tiancheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- LESCO CHEMICAL LIMITED
- Reehua Yuanhai Biotech Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Jinsen Hydrocarbon Resins Co. Limited
- Zeon Corporation
- KPL International Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- November 2022 - The majority of Celanese's former Mobility & Materials segment (the "M&M Business" or the "M&M Divestiture") was sold by DuPont today for a purchase price of $11 billion in cash by the terms of the transaction agreement dated February 17, 2022, subject to customary transaction adjustments.
- October 2021 - Eastman Chemical Company announced that the company and some of its subsidiaries entered a definitive agreement to sell its adhesive resins assets and business to Synthomer PLC for a total cash consideration of USD 1 billion. The sale comprised hydrocarbon resins, pure monomer resins, polyolefin polymers, rosins and dispersions, and oleochemical and fatty-acid-based resins. These businesses belonged to Eastman’s Additives & Functional Products segment.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global C5 Resins market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global C5 Resins Market, By Type
- C5 Aliphatic Resin
- C9 Aromatic Resin
- DCPD Cycloaliphatic Resin
- Hydrogenated Hydrocarbon Resin
Global C5 Resins Market, By Application
- Paint & Coating
- Printing Ink
- Rubber and Wax Compounding
Global C5 Resins Market, By End Users
- Power Generation
Global C5 Resins Market, By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
Global C5 Resins Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?