Global Bovine Mastitis Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global bovine mastitis market was valued at USD 1.50 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global bovine mastitis market is expected to reach USD 2.42 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global bovine mastitis market is expected to reach USD 2.42 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Bovine mastitis is expected to become more common over the next few years, which is expected to help the market grow. According to research done at Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine, the number of cows worldwide with bovine mastitis can range from 0 to 200.
Bovine mastitis is a disease that often affects dairy cows. It means that the tissue in the udder and the mammary gland is inflamed. It's one of the main reasons why this disease is seen as serious: it could hurt the parts of cows that make milk. The growth of the overall market is likely to be helped by the fact that bovine mastitis is becoming more common worldwide. Ice cubes should be applied to the surface of the udder as soon as it is determined that mastitis is present. Sick teats need to have their milk drained three times a day so the milk can be thrown away properly. A solution with 5% phenol can be used to get rid of milk that has been contaminated cleanly. It seems likely that the increasing number of new products, made possible by big investments in research and development, will have a big effect on the market's growth. Large companies know that competition in the global market is getting tougher, so they are working hard to develop strategies that will give them an edge over their rivals. In October 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim International GBH said they would start selling a new medicine that would protect dairy cattle from diseases that affect the immune system. The company came out with a new product called "Lockout." Its name came from the fact that it kept dairy cattle from having problems after immunotherapy and made them healthier and more productive. The end products of dairy farming will benefit from this change as well. Market players are working on strategic mergers, partnerships, and acquisitions to take advantage of a synergistic effect and speed up the development of new ways to deal with the growing number of mastitis cases. For example, Merck & Co. has said that in February 2020, they will release a new teat sealant called Shut Out. This treatment stops infections in the mammary glands, like bovine mastitis. Over the next few years, market growth is expected to be slowed by rising risks of antibiotic resistance and a lack of knowledge about the condition.
This research report categorizes the market for the global based bovine mastitis market into various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global bovine mastitis market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global bovine mastitis market sub-segments.
Global Bovine Mastitis Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1.50 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||5.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 2.42 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||240|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||183|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Product, By Route of Administration, By End Users, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Zoetis, Merck & Co. Inc, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bayer AG, Elanco, Ceva, West way health|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the clinical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 0.82 billion.
Based on type, the bovine mastitis market is categorized into Clinical and Sub-Clinical. In 2021, the clinical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 0.82 billion. The increase in the size of the dairy herd is one reason why the sector is growing. Over the next few years, the market is also expected to be driven by a rise in the number of cases of clinical mastitis in dairy cow farms.
- In 2021, the intra-mammary segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 60% and market revenue of 0.9 billion.
Based on the route of administration, the bovine mastitis market is categorized into Intra-Mammary and Systemic. In 2021, the intra-mammary dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 0.9 billion. In dairy cattle, mastitis is an infectious illness that has a high prevalence rate. An investigation on the efficacy of Angelica dahurica and Rheum officinale extracts, collectively referred to as Yi-Xiong-Tang (YXT), was carried out as a therapy for mastitis. A California mastitis test, also known as a CMT, was carried out, and the results showed that out of 179 lactating dairy cows, there were 67 udder quarters affected with mastitis. To treat the mastitis that was present in these 67 udder quarters, an intramammary infusion of YXT was administered twice a day for three days in a row. Clots, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), total viable count of bacteria (TVC) in milk, interleukin-6 (IL-6), and interleukin-8 (IL-8) were among the mastitis markers that were evaluated both before and after the YXT therapy to determine how successful it was.
- In 2021, the dry period segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 70% and market revenue of 1.05 billion.
Based on the therapy, the bovine mastitis market is categorized into Lactating Period and Dry Period. In 2021, dry period dominated the market with the largest market share of 70% and market revenue of 1.05 billion. The increase in awareness and the rise in demand for effective treatment therapy enhances this segment.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Bovine Mastitis Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global bovine mastitis market, with a market share of around 38.55% and 1.50 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global bovine mastitis market, with a market share of around 38.55% and 1.50 billion of the market revenue. During the forecast period, the bovine mastitis market is not expected to change much. This is because intra-mammary infusion products are widely used to treat the infection, and leading players in the region offer a wide range of products to control the infection. In North America, the intra-mammary infusion is increasing at a rapid rate which is why this region has become dominant.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. Due to the large number of cattle and the rising number of bovine mastitis cases every year, it is expected that the market in Asia-Pacific will grow at the fastest rate. For instance, the Indian Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) says that as of 2019, there are 302.79 million cows in India. Also, the growing economic pressures that farmers in this area are facing are likely to be a big reason why the Asia-Pacific market is growing. According to research published in the World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research (WJPMR), between 70 and 80% of India's annual economic loss was caused by sub-clinical mastitis infections.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global bovine mastitis market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Merck & Co. Inc
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bayer AG
- West way health
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In April 2021, Boehringer Ingelheim said that they would change Ubroseal to Ubroseal Blue to prevent new intramammary infections during the dry months.
- In February 2020, Merck & Co., Inc. made an announcement about the release of a new tea sealant called Shut Out, which was made to treat bovine mastitis.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global bovine mastitis market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, By Type
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, By Product
- Pain Killers
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, By Route of Administration
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, By Therapy
- Lactating Period
- Dry Period
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, By End User
- Veterinary Centres
Global Bovine Mastitis Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?