Global Bile Duct Cancer Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Bile Duct Cancer Market was valued at USD 185.4 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Bile Duct Cancer Market is expected to reach USD 409.3 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Bile Duct Cancer Market is expected to reach USD 409.3 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The bile duct cancer market is rising due to the increase in cancer among people. On the other hand, the total rate of development appears to be higher since a significant number of people with cancer are incorrectly diagnosed with other types of cancer.
In bile duct cancer, also referred to as cholangiocarcinoma, the epithelial cells of the bile duct become mutated, which causes them to display epithelial differentiation. It is unknown what causes bile duct cancer; however, several risk factors have been linked to its development. These include the presence of biliary stones, persistent inflammation in the liver, abnormalities in the bile duct such as cysts, infection with the liver flukes parasite, which causes infection in the bile duct and can ultimately lead to cancer; and exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and toxins. The primary symptoms of bile duct cancer are jaundice, weight loss, lack of appetite, discoloration of urine and stool, stomach discomfort, itching, and fever. Bile duct cancer can be of two types; intrahepatic and extrahepatic. Overall the growth is increasing, but the number of cases is lower. This is because several patients are misdiagnosed with other types of cancers. Elderly patients are mostly diagnosed with bile duct cancer. In most cases, surgery is the only treatment method. As the medical need for bile duct cancer increases, opportunities are also increasing. Pharmaceutical and biotech companies are working with governments from different countries worldwide to battle bile duct cancer. Their efforts range from the research of medicines to the planning of logistics. As a result of this, there will be a huge demand for bile duct cancer drugs in the future; as a result, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors are expected to see significant growth.
This research report categorizes the global bile duct cancer market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global bile duct cancer market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global bile duct cancer market sub-segments.
Global Bile Duct Cancer Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 185.4 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||9.2%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 409.3 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||134|
|Companies Covered:||Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, AbbVie Inc., Novartis AG, Fresenius Kabi AG, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd., Delcath Systems, Inc., Accord Healthcare, CONMED Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Cisplatin segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 25% and market revenue of 46.35 billion.
Based on the product type, the Bile Duct Cancer Market is categorized into Capecitabine, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), Oxaliplatin, Gemcitabine, and Cisplatin. In 2021, the cisplatin segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 25% and revenue of 46.35 billion. Cisplatin is a chemotherapy agent that is frequently utilized in the treatment of bile duct cancer. Because it has fewer negative side effects and provides better therapy, more and more people are turning to this medication.
- In 2021, the Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 57% and market revenue of 105.6 billion.
Based on disease indication, the Bile Duct Cancer Market is categorized into extrahepatic bile duct cancer and Intrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer. In 2021, Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 57% and revenue of 105.6 billion. The extrahepatic bile duct cancer increases due to the high cost of therapy for bile duct cancer. On the other hand, the bile duct cancer market increases because of the scarcity of trained specialists and the absence of a functioning healthcare system in developing nations.
- In 2021, hospital segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 68.5 billion.
Based on application, the Bile Duct Cancer Market is categorized as Clinics, Hospitals, and Others. In 2021, the hospital's segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 68.5 billion. Hospitals dominate the market because it has the highest number of patients for treatment. Not only the treatment, the research related to bile duct cancer also takes place in hospitals.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Bile Duct Cancer Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Bile Duct Cancer Market, with a market share of around 37.1 % and 185.4 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Bile Duct Cancer Market, with a market share of around 37.1 % and 185.4 billion of the market revenue. The market for Bile Duct Cancer treatment in this region has been expanding owing to the increasing rise in R&D activities by several small and medium enterprises to develop medical healthcare facilities in the healthcare sector. Furthermore, the increasing prevalence of bile cancer in the region coupled with changing lifestyle and fooding habit of people.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for treating bile duct cancer. The increase in awareness programs and private investment helps in the market’s growth. Also, the increase in production and approval process enhances the bile duct cancer market growth in Asia- Pacific.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global bile duct cancer market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AbbVie Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals
- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Delcath Systems, Inc.
- Accord Healthcare
- CONMED Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Bayer AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In April 2020, Pemazyre, which was introduced the "first tailored therapy for patients with cholangiocarcinoma," was approved by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.
- In September 2019, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp started the clinical trial study on Pembrolizumab (immunotherapy). For the treatment of cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer). It is expected that the phase 3 clinical trials will be completed by august 2023.
- In April 2020, The first specific therapy for cholangiocarcinoma patients, Pemazyre, had been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (pemigatinib). The results of a clinical trial in which 107 patients with locally advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma who had previously received treatment with a FGFR2 fusion or rearrangement were included were used to support the approval of Pemazyre.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global bile duct cancer market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Bile Duct Cancer Market, By Product Type
- 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)
Global Bile Duct Cancer Market, By Application
Global Bile Duct Cancer Market, By Disease Indication
- Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer
- Intrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer
Global Bile Duct Cancer Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?