Global Addiction Treatment Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Treatment Type (Alcohol Addiction Treatment, Tobacco/Nicotine Treatment, Opioid Addiction Treatment, and Others), By Drug Type ( Bupropion, Varenicline, Acamprosate, Disulfiram, Naltrexone, Methadone, Buprenorphine, Nicotine Replacement Products, and Others) By Treatment Centres ( Outpatient Treatment Centres, Residential Treatment Centres and Inpatient Treatment Centres), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Medical Stores and Others), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Information & Technology
Global Addiction Treatment Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global addiction treatment market was valued at USD 5.99 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global addiction treatment market is expected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global addiction treatment market is expected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The Addiction Treatment Market has grown due to the increasing tobacco addiction. In addition, alcohol and drug addiction is also increasing, which directly rise the demand for addiction treatment.
Addiction is a destructive disease with a high death rate and a lot of bad effects on society. Several groups, like the Ministry of Public Health in Tunisia, Public Health England, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have taken steps to raise awareness about de-addiction, which helps people who are addicted to smoking quit it with the help of Chantix and Zyban. Now that digital technologies like the "Reset Application," which is a mobile medical application that gives cognitive behavioural therapy to people with substance use disorder, are now linked to disorder management. These technologies help both patients and doctors because they make it easier to manage the treatment on a clinical level. It is expected that this will have a good effect on the market. For example, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) permitted the marketing of the first mobile medical application to help treat substance use disorders (SUD). SUD occurs when an individual regularly uses drugs or alcohol which is mentally and physically harmful. The ‘Reset application’ is intended to be used with outpatient therapy to manage alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and stimulant substance use disorder (SUD).
This research report categorizes the market for global addiction treatment market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global addiction treatment market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global addiction treatment market sub-segments.
Global Addiction Treatment Market Report Coverage
|No. of Pages:||197|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||172|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the tobacco/nicotine treatment segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 30% and market revenue of 1.79 billion.
Based on the treatment type, the global addiction treatment market is categorized into Alcohol Addiction Treatment, Tobacco/Nicotine Treatment, Opioid Addiction Treatment, and Others. In 2021, the tobacco/nicotine treatment segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 30% and market revenue of 1.79 billion. The market for nicotine and tobacco addiction therapy is increasing due to excessive smoking habits among people. Also, the market will grow because there would be more nicotine replacement products and medicines to treat tobacco and nicotine addiction. These are medicines like Varenicline, Bupropion, and Nortriptyline.
- In 2021, the bupropion segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 21.6% and market revenue of 1.29 billion.
Based on the drug type, the global addiction treatment market is categorized into Bupropion, Varenicline, Acamprosate, Disulfiram, Naltrexone, Methadone, Buprenorphine, Nicotine Replacement Products, and Others. In 2021, the bupropion segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 21.6% and market revenue of 1.29 billion. Bupropion is a prescription drug that is used to treat depression and the urge to smoke. This medicine helps by making the brain make more of the chemicals that help control mood.
- In 2021, the hospital pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 38% and a market revenue of 2.27 billion.
Based on distribution channels, the addiction treatment market is categorized into Hospital Pharmacies, Medical Stores, and Others. In 2021, the hospital pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 38% and market revenue of 2.27 billion. The hospital pharmacy segment is dominant because the medications that are used for addiction treatment are prescribed drugs.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Addiction Treatment Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global addiction treatment market, with a market share of around 34.7% and 5.99 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global addiction treatment market, with a market share of around 34.7% and 5.99 billion of the market revenue. This is because there are more smokers in the U.S., which has developed health problems worse for both active and passive smokers. The market is likely to grow because more people are using addiction treatment solutions, especially to quit smoking and because the healthcare system is already well organized.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, due to the fast growth of the healthcare industry, the rising number of people who are addicted to alcohol and tobacco, and the key players are putting out more and more new drugs. For example, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals released Kwitz, a nicotine gum, in India in November 2017. According to the WHO, about 260,000 people in India die each year from liver cirrhosis. This has forced the government to take action.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global addiction treatment market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Cipla Limited
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Acadia Healthcare
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Odyssey Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Axsome Therapeutics, Inc
- Lil' Drug Store Products Inc.
- Indivior Plc.
- Reddy's Laboratories
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- British American Tobacco Plc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In June 2021, INDIVIOR PLC and AELIS FARMA announced a strategic partnership and option-license agreement to deal with the serious effects of cannabis use disorders (CUD), such as cannabis-induced psychosis (CIP).
- In May 2021, JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (JBCPL) launched NOSMOK prescription medicated nicotine lozenges on "World No Tobacco Day" as part of a 360 Tobacco Cessation initiative. These lozenges will help reduce the desire to use tobacco.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global addiction treatment market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Addiction Treatment Market, By Treatment Type
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Tobacco/Nicotine Treatment
- Opioid Addiction Treatment
Global Addiction Treatment Market, By Drug Type
- Nicotine Replacement Products
Global Addiction Treatment Market, By Treatment Centres
- Outpatient Treatment Centres
- Residential Treatment Centres
- Inpatient Treatment Centres
Global Addiction Treatment Market, By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Medical Stores
Global Addiction Treatment Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?